Lucia fan art.

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Drathial
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lucia fan art.

Post by Drathial »

So, I'm in my 2nd & 1/2 year of graphic design and have started to practice for some serious work in illustration and animation. Where better to start then by practicing on Lunar stuff?

Here's a picture I did of just a Lucia portrait, kinda a work in progress.
I sized it WAY down so I didn't have this huge jpeg in your face. Hope you like.

Drathial
Reza Thief

Re: Lucia fan art.

Post by Drathial »

Aww, no suggestions? :(

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Um. Are you serious about wanting suggestions, as in actual criticism and "this doesn't work" and "that's wrong" and stuff? Because I can give you criticism, but it won't be interleaved with compliments. I don't set out to be cruel, but a lot of people interpret bluntness that way when it's about their artwork.

Drathial
Reza Thief

Post by Drathial »

Alunissage wrote:Um. Are you serious about wanting suggestions, as in actual criticism and "this doesn't work" and "that's wrong" and stuff? Because I can give you criticism, but it won't be interleaved with compliments. I don't set out to be cruel, but a lot of people interpret bluntness that way when it's about their artwork.
As an artist, I am completely capable of accepting constructive criticism. True artists, when seeking criticism, take themselves out of their work. I want to know what you think of this if you have reasonable suggestions. I'm not worried about compliments, but focused on the problems others see arising in my creations.

It is definitely in-progress, and it is a copy style from what I see in the lunar line work. Please feel free to say what you wish.
^ ^

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

You mentioned you're doing graphic design, so... how did you put this together? Did you start with pen-and-paper or start with a tablet PC or some other digital (as in non-physical) format?

I say that because there are some aspects of this that really look off from an anatomical perspective, even a stylized one, and some of that "off-ness" might be due to matters of the interface you used and not your general art style. So, it'd help to parse out things to work on with your software/interface, and things to work on in your general art/anatomical drawing skills. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

The drawing looks inconsistent in the bangs (this doesn't look hand-drawn, though I could be mistaken) , and in places the shading looks like you chose a bigger brush size and didn't use a smaller one to refine.

Do you have a tablet?
-Nobi

Solidor
Burg Farmer

Post by Solidor »

Do you have a reference picture?

I suggest you try copying, first.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I like it, personally. It has an avant-garde quality to it. As a representation of the character it's rather crude, but it's interesting. I really like the shadows you applied to the outline.
「まあいいけど。」