The devil is throwing snowballs...

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

The devil is throwing snowballs...

Post by Karthur »

One upon a year in the mid-90s, I sat down and started to write a Lunar fanfic. It went up on the web in 2000 and I abandoned it a few years later. There were many reasons for this--my interests changed, I had issues with the way the story was turning out, etc.

Anyway, I put it on a hard drive and forgot about it for years. Now, more than a decade later, I have made a bet with my husband that the story will be complete rewritten/restructured/retooled by the time he gets back from Afghanistan in March 2011.

I originally thought I could fix the problems with new chapters, but in re-reading the story, I decided that wasn't the case. I have lots of issues with the characterization, dialogue, plot...in short, I knew I could do better. You'll see more of the original cast, stronger, better developed characters, better all around writing, and a plot that actually makes sense. Well, I hope...at least. :mrgreen:

So...I offer this...

Title: Rise from Ashes
Rating: PG-13 for language, fantasy violence, moderate sensuality, and some thematic elements
Summary: Say hello to "Equation" v2.0.
Five years after the Fall of Vane, the Magic Guild is once again ready to claim its place as the center of learning in the world. As friends gather to celebrate, struggles within the city and beyond may hold some unexpected challenges.

Prologue
Chapter One

Comments, crit, flying cats are all welcome...
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Re: The devil is throwing snowballs...

Post by Jenner »

Karthur wrote:Comments, crit, flying cats are all welcome...
Karth I'll read these when I get in a more comfortable place to do so and let'cha know what I think. For right now, however:

The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kitdra
Student of Vane

Post by Kitdra »

XD I want those flying cats! XD

Anyway I read what you have and I like it... can't wait for the next chapter...

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

@Jenner: Excellent flying cats! :mrgreen:

@Kitdra: Thank you muchly! Ah...chapter two is done, I'm just playing with the grammar, so it should be posted soon.
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

Posted the second chapter here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6047386/3/

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Chapter Three is up

Post by Karthur »

"Friends help you celebrate but real friends help you move"--Gregory Telka, Ashes, Ch3

Title: Rise from Ashes
Rating: PG-13 for language, fantasy violence, and some thematic elements
Summary:
Five years after the Fall of Vane, the Magic Guild is once again ready to claim its place as the center of learning in the world. As friends gather to celebrate, struggles within the city and beyond may hold some unexpected challenges.

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

Comments, crit, flying cats are all welcome.