Sin

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Rego
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Rego »

eh, that's why he is my buddy ^^. Go James, it's your birthday. Uhuh!!

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Kizyr wrote:...you sullied the interpretation of her art in the beginning, then started calling other folks close-minded.

I sullied her work? Well, certainly not intentionally :P I simply stated my interpretation of Rego's art. Then from there, people started with the insults of course :P

I seem to be the main punching bag in this thread, and then you have to deliver your own little punch there Kiz :shock:

Yes, I called people closed-minded because of the responces I got from my interpretation. "Greensky is dirty minded", "Greensky's interpretation is very disturbing and scary". If that's not closed-minded to my view... I ask you, what is?

At least Phyco had the guts to say he felt the same way about the picture as I did.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Greensky wrote:At least Phyco had the guts to say he felt the same way about the picture as I did.

I wouldn't say I had the guts, more just trying to tell other's that some may see it as such (and have no problem with it either.) However, I didn't call anyone closed minded. I think you just set the timer on a nuclear bomb when you said that. Is it fair that people call you names? Maybe or maybe not, but be the bigger man and ignore them. You can inteprete the picture anyway you want. If they don't like the way you do it, then so be it. You'll just get in more trouble trying to fight back is all.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I know this too, but I've taken so much crap in my life, and nowadays, all I want to do is fight back against the unjustified treatment that people dish out to other people. I'm always fighting for one goal... for everyone to act like an actual society instead of demeaning people for the silliest reasons imaginable.

If I get crap from people for trying to establish an understanding of their actions, so be it, I'll take all the crap they can dish out, because I'm not the one with explaining to do.

So... sorry people. All I can do is try my best to be the understanding, caring individual that I already am, and I won't be backing down from unjust treatment any time soon. :P

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I like the way her hair's juxtaposed with the background. It's another piece that evokes many emotions. The title "Sin" also gives a lot to think about. Who is this woman? What is her sin? Has someone sinned against her? Is she innocent? Another piece that I really love. As for the drawing something sexual from it, I personally don't see it. But to each his own.

One of the most difficult things to deal with as an artist is listening to criticism that you don't agree with. As long as there's art in this world people will talk about it for better or worse. We had drawing classes in college where we had to create something, then the rest of the class would critique it and we weren't able to defend it until the critique was over. We'd write a description of what we'd made and why and hand it in. I never understood why we were silenced, but that's the way life is. There were a few times where the class would tear a piece apart, but when the written description was handed back there would be a comment from the teacher saying, "you accomplished what you set out to do... they just didn't get it." Criticism can be a major pain sometimes, but it's part of what comes with making art.

So Rego, keep making these awesome works, take criticism with a grain of salt, and BTW your new sig's really cool too.

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

Nice comment, thankyou very much.

Yes I like my sig too, thus why I made it.