Sin

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Rego
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sin

Post by Rego »

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Maru would probably fall in love with that since it kinda resembles her. Nice work espically really capturing the mood. I love it and I really hope you start submitting these to DA's art gallery shows.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I thought of Maru too when I saw it, and the one picture of her in the peacock leaves that, edited and unedited, was very attractive.

I can see why it'd be called sin. At the same time, it looks so beautiful. Nearly like a siren, or more appropriately, a harpy.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Dirty~!

Hehe, just kidding. I love Rego's sexual artwork submissions :D

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

If they're truly perceived as sexual in nature, then they shouldn't be here. :?

The identification of "sin" as female reminds me of all those centuries of priests considering women inherently sinful because of Eve.

I thought of that pic of Maru too.

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

It was never made to be dirty Oo;,,

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

People tend to see art the way they intepret it. It could be nothing more than some paint splatered on the canvas, but I could intepret it as a huge high school orgy party. Just because I see it that way doesn't mean it was supposed to be that way.

And what's with sexual being bad anyway? I mean, it's not hustler or anything. I've seen plenty of art being of the sexual nature be more natural and beautiful than provactivly evil trash.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I don't see it or the other one as specifically sexual myself, just to clarify. I'm just saying that if that were the general reaction that it wouldn't be appropriate. I think it's mainly Greensky's having a dirty mind, though, since no one else seems to see it that way.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I don't really think "sexual" is the best word to describe Rego's artwork. I think "sensual" would be more appropriate.

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

I like 'sensual" that's a good word. Yes, Greensky does have a very disturbing reaction to my artwork....which is scary by the way,

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sensual is the word I would use too, though maybe not even that far in these cases. I was only using sexual in the other post because Greensky did and I wanted to address images that would fit that label.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I do have to admit that my first reaction to the picture was that she was pleasuring herself, and since that's supposed to be a "sin" I figured that was what it was. That was just my take on it, I didn't percieve it as anything naughty. I just liked the picture.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

Like I said that is the whole reason behind the art is to see what kind of reaction you get from the viewers.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Yes, I really 100% get that sexual nature from it. The title "Sin", the fact that we can't see any clothing on the woman, and her expression of absolute lust seem to make this interpretation easy... I'm actually rather surprised that others don't see it as such.

Anyways, it's not so much me having a "dirty mind". I actually appreciate the art for what I interpret it to be. How my viewing of this peice is determined by Rego to be "disturbing" and "scary" I'll never know... seems to me that you people have very closed minds towards art :roll:

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

OO'' TAKE THAT BACK!! Hey, if I had a closed mined then why would I have created the peice as such. You are perfectly right to make your own critical dicisions on a peice as to what yout hink it means or is. I am very comfortable with you thinking it is a sexual peice. Everyone interprets things in their own way.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I wouldn't bother trying to get him to take anything back. Moreover, I wouldn't pay much attention to what he says. Greensky's already established a reputation for talking nonsense all the time. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Well, it's nice to know how much you value my opinions Kizyr :P

By the way, I took some of your advice and shaved the stache. I feel a lot lighter now... :D

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

...you sullied the interpretation of her art in the beginning, then started calling other folks close-minded. I wasn't feeling particularly generous describing your opinions thereafter. I didn't mind expressing it, but calling others close-minded is ridiculous. That's the only reason I responded as I did--plus, I'd hate for Rego to feel discouraged by anything. I, for one, would love to see when she starts incorporating more of her own photographs into this.

BTW, if you really want a strange reaction, grow a full beard and keep it for a year before shaving it {^^}. ...I don't recommend trying it, but it will get a few looks (and a few people might not recognize you). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Kizyr wrote:established a reputation for talking nonsense all the time.

My question is why bother taking the time to write out negative comments about other peoples talents? Is it because they have nothing better to do, find it fun to mock others online because they feel safer, have no talents whatsoever and find making fun of others to fill that lack of not putting effort into their own works, makes them feel superior over others? Its all really pointless to me bickering at others works when you won't even show your own. I came here understanding fully this was a place to share your own works to everyone who likes to view masterpieces to just show with no hopes of getting response, or wanting to hear critique's good or reasons for improvements, or just to open yourself a portfolio encouraging oneself to produce more. But if someone's going to lash out and start name calling something that they can't even comprehend, then whats the point of replying?

"If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all"

~ mom
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

Wow Rego! You're obviously one of the top artists on here. Keep up the good work! :)

Oh yeah, go Insydius!
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru