Something from a Dream

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Something from a Dream

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

It's been a long while since I did any writing, but I just had to write this one down. Every now and then I have a dream so elaborate, detailed, and curiously consistent (no dream logic) that I have to wonder where it came from. This was one of them. I call it "Two Sisters at the Waters of Unmaking."

--------

The journey was a normal one. Quite like old times, as a matter of fact; nothing at all out of the ordinary about it. Then they arrived at the Waters of Unmaking.

"Are you sure about this?" asked the Wizard.

"Yes, it has to be done," said the Elder Sister.

"But..." said the Wizard.

"No! Please!" said the Girl, in tears. The Elder Sister embraced her.

"No, it's ok. All things must come to an end. But the most important things are what we made of the time we had, and the friends we made, and the people we left behind," said the Elder Sister. She let go of the girl and stepped back.

"You've been a good friend. The best anyone could ask for, and we love you," said the Younger Sister, embracing the Girl in turn.

With that, the two sisters stepped onto the sand, bickering about nothing in particular as usual as the Wizard watched and the Girl forced herself not to turn away. They continued as the tide came in, only silencing when the water rose above their heads. Then the water receded, and they were gone.

Forever.

---------------

And that was my dream, word for word. I plan on fleshing it out sometime in the future. If nothing else, all the characters need names! Obviously the Wizard, Girl, and the two sisters had been traveling and working together. Just as obviously, the two sisters aren't really human, although they take human form, and being Unmade is something that they really have to do for some reason, although they don't seem to mind.

I'm having trouble articulating just how moving it was seeing the two sisters just...vanish. They didn't die. In the minds of most, dying implies some manner of afterlife. They were Unmade. Completely. It's as if they never were to begin with. It was like seeing the sun go down and knowing, just having terrible knowledge, that it won't rise again.

One of the more interesting things about the dream was that it was entirely in watercolor. Normally I dream quite a bit more realistically. Like most of my dreams, though, it had a soundtrack. I can't recall the accompanying music exactly, but I remember it being mostly piano.

Anyway, that was my last random and highly detailed dream. I guess it's been a couple months since I woke at 4AM to write this, but I felt it bore posting anyway. Anyone else have stuff they've written from dreams?