Book cover progress/lack thereof, other ramblings etc.

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: What to put behind them...?

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

So I'm working on a new cover anyway, all of that work went to waste. >.>

I just felt the other cover just wasn't working. So here's what I'm working on now.

-Nobi

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Aaah, yeah, I like that one a lot better. The other one was good too, but this fills up a lot more space and the character expressions come out really well. I dig it. :)
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

That's some good coloring!! O_O I can't even color that well. I use OpenCanvas more than anything else. Photoshop for me is only for backgrounds nowadays.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

chiiruchan wrote:That's some good coloring!! O_O I can't even color that well. I use OpenCanvas more than anything else. Photoshop for me is only for backgrounds nowadays.
Actually I just use photoshop primarily for clean up. I paint in openCanvas 4, though I really need to learn how to use Painter well. I have it, but I'm not good at it so I don't use it much. >>
-Nobi

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:
chiiruchan wrote:That's some good coloring!! O_O I can't even color that well. I use OpenCanvas more than anything else. Photoshop for me is only for backgrounds nowadays.
Actually I just use photoshop primarily for clean up. I paint in openCanvas 4, though I really need to learn how to use Painter well. I have it, but I'm not good at it so I don't use it much. >>
Oh. I need to get a new version of OpenCanvas. I only have the old free one. Is it worth paying money for? I'm assuming you bought your copy. O_o;

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Yes, I bought my copy. It's good, but I'd recommend trying the free trial first before you jump head in. Always worth it to make sure it's right for you. ^_^
-Nobi

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Did a little redrawing and have starting coloring this from scratch. It's looking better so far.

-Nobi

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

Would it be less taxing if you did the background first? If you did a semi blank background you could then draw the people in to fit the setting. Eg, a beach, park etc...
P.s. - not an artist - messes up stick figures, just what came to my mind

-WKL

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I really should change the topic name. This new drawing, the background will be the sky because of the angle (it's going to be looking up for the most part...)
-Nobi

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: Book cover progress/lack thereof, other ramblings etc.

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Actually I need to find a new server for my images, so this won't be back up for a while.
-Nobi