"art" experiment (Using that liberally prone Obama!)

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

"art" experiment (Using that liberally prone Obama!)

Post by phyco126 »

Okay, so Obama is the president, elected after 2 years of media sensation. Now I've been experimenting with photomosaics for Art Appreciation class, and I've been having fun with it. So I decided to do one that is unique. Taking that famouse poster of his (http://www.phyco126.com/images/obama-poster.jpg) and turning it into this: http://www.phyco126.com/images/Product_of_the_Media.jpg

I call this: Product of the Media. m'Yes, I like it alot. I took a picture of different color CD-RWs, a white background (which I used a T-Shirt of), and ran it through. Over 22,000 tiles, but only 7 pictures to do it all.

I'm not making any political statements, I was just bored. And no, I don't really consider this art, but neither did many when that guy took pictures of cambells soup. Now that crap is worth money.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: "art" experiment (Using that liberally prone Obama!)

Post by Aaron »

wow how long did that take you? And what made you choose CD-RW?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

That's pretty damn spiffy! ^^
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Eh, it took me about an hour total, most of that time was trying to get it right. I used a computer program to do the rest, but I had to keep changing the settings to get it to work the way I wanted it to. The colors still didn't come out right, I expected the dark pink CDs to be used as the red in the picture, but it used the orange CDs instead.

Still, I used CD-RWs, because its a form of media. I thought to myself, hmmm, how much of Obama was built by the media? So this picture is built using "media." Honestly, I didn't know what else to try to use in my house, though I did try to take a picture of my TV for 'black' but there was too much light from the windows that was reflecting off of it.

I was bored, the idea popped into my head, so I ran with it. The ultimate meaning is up to you, but the idea is that the media built Obama up. You can say this is a good thing, or a bad thing. I suppose it ultimately depends on your political veiws.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."