Commissioned Art by John Becaro

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Commissioned Art by John Becaro

Post by Ruby »

Hi everybody,

Thought I would share this. A little while ago I commissioned some art to be done for my City of Heroes characters. It's pretty awesome and I thought some of you might like to see it. I have all of it posted up in a little gallery up on my blog. Enjoy.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Commissioned Art by John Becaro

Post by Ardent Fox »

WHA!? How much does he do art for? That looks fantastic! I've been wanting to a few pictures of my CoH/V characters done for a minute but I guess I never took the time to look around. Always just been waiting on SG mates or friends around town.

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

A standard commission by him is $35 per character. All the images you see are his standard commissions. He does good word. If had any complaint I would say that there were a few details of the characters I wanted that didn't come out in the images, small touches that weren't quite the way I was thinking. But I imagine those things probably didn't come out too well visually, and you just have to chalk it to the artist's style. And it's always better to have an artist work with their style and make the piece unique than it is to try and get them to slavishly follow a description. 8-)

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

What'd you do, just send him a picture of the character and put him to work? :o

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

Basically, though it was more like a big file with the characters photographed from the front and in profile, any additional referance, and a text file talking about the character and changes I'd like made for things I didn't have reference for, then I told him what kind of image I was looking for. Things I didn't had reference for tended to be things that didn't end up in the final image.