Please Help Me!

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
localflick
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Please Help Me!

Post by localflick »

Okay. I'm currently in a bind. Here's my situation: I make websites and do general graphic design work. I recently had to leave the design house I was working at because their paychecks had a nasty habit of bouncing. To make matters worse, I'm missing A LOT of my portfolio because the computer I had to work with died, and it didn't even have a writable CD drive for me to back up my stuff! What I have was either spanned across a couple floppies, or from my college's server.

So now I need to get another job ASAP. I'm not as far along as Mickey, but I'm ok given the experience I have. If you could look at my site and critique the hell out of it I will be eternally grateful to you! I have a laundry list of issues with it that I'm currently working on. So if you can, please help me!

http://www.flickswebdesign.com

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'll try and take a look at it a little later, as I need to get to bed tonight, but there are ways to extract data from a harddrive so you can pull your portfolio off of a dead computer. I think I have sharewar that will do it somewhere on this machine if you want it.
-G1

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Thanks. I don't know if the dead HD can even support an operating system. Apparently a lot of sectors went bad in some really important places.

On your site the Graphic Design link on the homepage takes you somewhere else. Aside from that I don't know PHP well enough to really help you. Again, I'm more of a Flash guy. (With a very rushed html site)

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

The site looks nice, but if you are going to talk about why some place should choose you, I would sound a bit more professional.

Not to mention try monster.com.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Actually, the site was optimized for search engines under the term "Chicago Website Company" because a place I used to work at used that all the time as their example term for searches, and I wanted to see if I could place somewhere around them, or above them. I placed 214 out of 12,000,000 on Yahoo! last time I checked. But I'm changing the text to be more appropriate for my site, and to be less cheesy. If you want to read some really funny body copy, check out http://www.cherryoneweb.com they worked the term "Chicago Website Company" in like 50 times on their home page...