Trina Fanart

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Trina Fanart

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hi all :D

Hope this finds you well! I've been lurkin' around but haven't had too much in the way of art to post, but FINALLY I have something nice :D Well I think it's nice, maybe it's not :p lol

Anyhow, on Deviantart, the art site where I post my art work, there is a project called "Project:Happy" and it's all about picking a random artist to do artwork/fanart of their original character. So, I was really happy when the random person I chose happen to also be a Lunar fan! :D She has a couple of characters actually but this was the first one I saw, Trina, and I really liked the simple but sweet design. I took a couple artistic liberties like adding the belt, but nothing major. I tried to keep all of the colors and design otherwise. Anyhow, enough of my blabbing! Critiques are more than welcome ^_^b

EDIT: If the image doesn't show here is a direct link: http://vanstane.deviantart.com/art/Proj ... -129177364

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Trina Fanart

Post by exigence »

Looks tight, i definitely see the lunar influence.What are the chances that the person you got happened to be a lunar fan. I wouldn't change much its got a nice cartoony look and i think if you put more shadows and highlights in it would lose some of that.

I'm not sure i understand how the project happy works though, did the person you mad it for have a sketch that you finished or was it just a written description of the character? it seems like a really cool concept. will you also be getting a picture from someone, id like to see how that turns out.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Thanks Ex :) I was experimenting with coloring and my linework at the same time, so while I know there's still room for improvement, I felt it was finished. Once I'm better with colors and whatnot I'll probably go back and see how I can improve it.

Oh I'm sorry about my vague description ^^; Yes, the artist had a picture of Trina in her gallery and when I was looking through it that's what popped out to me ^_^ It would be cool if someone working on the project found my gallery, but it's completely random so I'm not sure what my chances are. If I do happen to get something of mine drawn for the project I'll post here ^_^

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Looks good, really good. I like it. However, the only thing that catches my eyes first is her bottom lip and how it looks like she got smacked one (it looks fat).

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That's really really good Danni!
-G1