Seeking aid to produce Lunar 3: Ebony Destiny

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Bloodrose
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar-net Community Effort Request!

Post by Bloodrose »

Wow lol that was a very detailed post. Umm.. I'll try to briefly state a response by first saying that I wasn't stating any single person wasn't offering support, just not enough of it in general to call it a community effort. And I meant hypocritical in the sense that if you do support this idea and end up putting in a vote for someone simply for their wonderful demeanor and not based on work ethic, time management, or other qualities that would be required.

And again, I understand why the idea isn't likely to work and I myself have had many projects fail for similar reasons, BUT I put a lot of faith in the people here on Lunar-Net. I mean, this truly is one of the few if not the only successful Lunar fan sites out there and I know the vast majority of members is well-informed of what it would take to create a game of this difficulty.

I have not had the opportunity to observe each member's abilities and thus I made a general request to attract attention.

There are too many members to address individually and through this post, I was able to present an ideal though highly unrealistic idea and thus gain rich, insightful feedback and supporters. It also enables me to receive responses that indicate potential candidates.

I did not expect everyone here to agree with my statements. Instead, this was a sort of trial.
Nobiyuki77 wrote:*bow* You are a good leader! :-)
But, you have just demonstrated the best leadership of anyone I've ever met or even spoken with. I mean WOW! *whistles & applause for Kiyzr*
Nobiyuki77 wrote:Incidentally, I've had an idea I've wanted to write for a long time called "Lunar: Sienna Frontier" that I still need to design. Sadly my book comes first, and I don't know quite how it ends yet, so... yeah. >> <<
Awesome title! I wish you the best of luck on completing the project. Be sure to show it off once it's finished :D.

Thanks again for all who've contributed thus far,
Ashley
Last edited by Bloodrose on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Bloodrose wrote:But, you have just demonstrated the best leadership of anyone I've ever met or even spoken with. I mean WOW! *whistles & applause*
Um, you're talking about Kizyr right? Kizyr is a leader.
-Nobi

Bloodrose
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Bloodrose »

Lol oops, yes I'll edit that post :-P. Sorry for not being more specific with that quote hehe.
Ashley

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

I would like to help. But, I have NO idea how to make a game, or where to start. If there is something im capable of doing for this project that needs to be done, I'll do it. Add me to the list!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Bloodrose wrote:Wow lol that was a very detailed post. Umm.. I'll try to briefly state a response by first saying that I wasn't stating any single person wasn't offering support, just not enough of it in general to call it a community effort. And I meant hypocritical in the sense that if you do support this idea and end up putting in a vote for someone simply for their wonderful demeanor and not based on work ethic, time management, or other qualities that would be required.

And again, I understand why the idea isn't likely to work and I myself have had many projects fail for similar reasons, BUT I put a lot of faith in the people here on Lunar-Net. I mean, this truly is one of the few if not the only successful Lunar fan sites out there and I know the vast majority of members is well-informed of what it would take to create a game of this difficulty.
I get where you're coming from. But, there've been both optimistic and pessimistic responses to your initial request.

The main reason LunarNET's done pretty well is because of G1. Him, and the rest of us, just contribute or work on what we can--there isn't any voting going on, but just people working together on something. You'll find that in any creative endeavor, voting either gets in the way, or is entirely redundant (and as I said before, sometimes leads to overlooking a lot of better options in favor of simple majority rule).

Thanks for the comments. I'm an ok leader in some respects, but there are others where I'm lacking. I won't take up a project for something that I'm unfamiliar with. I'm pretty good with technical issues, but not very good at assessing people's emotions or considering their feelings (though I'm getting better at that). And I've messed up before, since some of the things I mentioned are things you pick up as you go along, not things that anyone necessarily tells you up-front. (Plus, I've tried to pick up things from a lot of other people I've come across who are far better leaders.) KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kizyr wrote:The main reason LunarNET's done pretty well is because of G1. Him, and the rest of us, just contribute or work on what we can--there isn't any voting going on, but just people working together on something.
Your translation work is some of our best content though. And either way, I've been slacking bad. Have you seen the frontpage? It's been like 5 months since I updated. I really do have some cleaning up to do on it, but I just won't have time until summer.
-G1

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Well, I'm usually pretty free to participate in the art side of projects. It's a real shame that the Lunar Eternal Sapphire project came to an end... but if I had the opportunity to continue working on it or another lunar related project I'd definitely love to!

So if someone takes the helm and you need artists I'll volunteer art/time :)

Bloodrose
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Bloodrose »

Alright... I've started things off.

I came up with 2 introductions to the two possibilities I'm considering.

The first is a sequel to Lunar 2: EBC and features another of Althena's reincarnations known as Princess Luvia. She becomes evil upon witnessing the death of her love and is renamed Lady Marein for her new malevolent personality.
Marien, and all other names following are based off various etimology and mythology relating to the moon.

The second is a prequel to Lunar: SSSC and tells the story of the birth of Althena, Lunar, and its inhabitants. It is the first time Althena descends as a human with no memory of her previous form, and it's a consequence issued by the very nature of the planet itself.