My Typeface

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
localflick
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My Typeface

Post by localflick »

In March I made a font and I'm currently in the process of converting it into an Opentype font.
It's available here http://www.webdesignfire.com/free/Mmori.zip and is freeware.

For anyone who's not really into typography, Opentype fonts are a new(er) font format that uses internal scripts to automatically adjust the spacing between characters based on which characters are typed, resulting in a block of text that looks perfect without having to make any adjustments. So in a sense they're "smart" fonts unlike mine which is as dumb as a Truetype font at the moment.

Mt font's called "Momento Mori" and I wanted to call it "Memento Mori" but there's already a font with that name so it's slightly altered out of respect of the first Mori. It's a rough tyeface and the idea behind it's design was that it was going to be the first in a series of fonts where I combine aspects of traditional typography with rough grungy elements to make an aesthetically pleasing typeface that can be used in a non-traditional setting. Then I learned how hard it is to make a font. It took months of careful attention to detail, but I'm happy with the outcome.

The download is version 2.0 which should easily install into a mac or pc. Enjoy!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Re: My Typeface

Post by Werefrog »

I downloaded it but haven't had the chance to try it out. I'll comment more when I do.
localflick wrote: Mt font's called "Momento Mori" and I wanted to call it "Memento Mori" but there's already a font with that name so it's slightly altered out of respect of the first Mori.
That's weird because it always takes me some mental effort to say "memento mori" instead of "momento mori." I probably wouldn't even have noticed that title was off unless you had reminded me of the correct form.