My new portfolio...

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My new portfolio...

Post by GhaleonOne »

So I've spent some time on this, and I'm about ready to launch it. It's technically "live", but I haven't shown it to anyone until now. I do have a few small things to fix up, but thought I'd get some opinions. I probably won't change anything drastic, as I have a lot of other projects on my plate right now, but any minor things might be taken into consideration.

http://www.mickeyshannon.com/

I'm also interested in any browser-issues as this is my first full-window Flash site and it's only been tested on two computers and two browsers so far.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: My new portfolio...

Post by Kizyr »

Well, I've converted to Google Chrome, and it looks good on here. No issues.

Just two things:
- You really should drop the Working Designs award off your resume. You have enough stuff there without having to use vague words like "skill contest"
- The Buy Prints link... I'm just generally averse to having links saying "this will be up soon" anywhere. Maybe just replace that instead with "Contact Me" and have some contact information? You could mention a few reasons to contact--interest in employment, contracts, purchasing prints, etc.

Hope that helps. It looks good, though, and navigates smoothly. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kizyr wrote:The Buy Prints link... I'm just generally averse to having links saying "this will be up soon" anywhere. Maybe just replace that instead with "Contact Me" and have some contact information? You could mention a few reasons to contact--interest in employment, contracts, purchasing prints, etc.
That wouldn't have anything to do with certain coming soon's on a certain Lunar site would it? :P

And yeah, I really actually need to revamp my resume. I haven't done that in a while (other than to add my current job). There's some new stuff I need to add anyways, so after I finish piecing all my new photography together, that'll probably be my next change to it.

Thanks all around though. I may take you advice on the prints/contact thing when I get some time to work on it more.
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

GhaleonOne wrote:
Kizyr wrote:The Buy Prints link... I'm just generally averse to having links saying "this will be up soon" anywhere. Maybe just replace that instead with "Contact Me" and have some contact information? You could mention a few reasons to contact--interest in employment, contracts, purchasing prints, etc.
That wouldn't have anything to do with certain coming soon's on a certain Lunar site would it? :P

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I like it simple and clean and this is just that. Lots of info and pictures. I only wish here was more than just sports and Lunar pages that you've done. Maybe if you just summed Lunar-net into one category?
Depend On You Changed My Life.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Simple, clean, easy-to-use and stylish. I like the way the web section is set up.

The only thing I can think of to improve it is to possibly open the web links in a different window so you don't have to keep hitting "back" to return to the site which would make it slightly easier to use. But some people don't like it when links are opened in a new window. Tough call.