Guess That Game!

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Guess That Game!

Post by WD RPG WD »

Hi

I have been working on some music lately and decided to recreate one of my favorite game songs that Cannot be found on the game's official soundtrack so I remade it. I'd like some opinions on the sound of it but also I'd like to see who can name the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rswmfxgoifx

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: Guess That Game!

Post by phyco126 »

I can't guess the game, phooey. But it sounds familiar and really pretty.

By the way, love the new avatar man!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Thanks Phycho. :o

I think the bells might be a little loud though... And the song is going to be tough to remember even for the people that have played the game. But the hint that I'll give is that the game has a huge tree.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Is it Secret of Mana? (I needed the clue before I could even make that guess.)

The first 40 seconds sound a bit like Brave Fencer Musashi, but I think the next 30 seconds sound more like an SNES RPG. So it's not easy to guess, at least for me.

I love the song though. I can't listen to it too much because the chimes are a little loud (as you said), but... mm.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I didn't even hear it, but based on the title, Secret of Mana would've been my best guess. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

I recently invested some money into better instrument quality. Now mixing is my big problem. I'll have a newer version later.

Kiz, I know you've played this game so you should get it. It's not SOM. And I've never owned a system owned by Nintendo.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I think it's Tales of Phantasia, but I can't be sure. The high-pitched bell sound comes in a little loud and makes it tough to hear the rest (I had to mess with the EQ settings to hear the rest of it). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I know there's a Secret Grove in Zelda: Twilight Princess... but that's Nintendo too. Hmmm...

Legend of Mana has a large tree...?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

I had a feeling it would be too hard...

Ah well! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ze1qRsrBE