Tsumiru-Enterprise-- Lunar: Fragments of the Past

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
ciaron23
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Tsumiru-Enterprise-- Lunar: Fragments of the Past

Post by ciaron23 »

http://tsumiru-enterprise.com/documents/TSUMIRU.jpg
Welcome!
Tsumiru Enterprise is currently hiring for the Project:
This is the grand opening of our gilded doors into the world of RPG making!
Our eyes are set intently on the future gem we hope to hold under our name.
We are Tsumiru Enterprise, a nonprofit organization establishing ourselves in the
RPG making community. The gem we're striving so hard for is all too far for one hand to
reach, so I'm in search of building a working team for it.
The gem, is Lunar: Fragments of the past.
Since we are nonprofit, we have nothing to offer you in return for becoming
a staff member, nothing but the promise of reviving the
world of one of the most original RPG series, and your name in its credits.

Please note:
The previous version of Fragments of the past was made in RMVX, which i trashed,
the current Lunar Project is being undertaken on RMXP, but the story is the same,
so you may find the basic concept of the game on the rpg maker forums http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/?showtopic=10020
The proceeding are the slots currently available

Coder
Spriter
Artist
Musician
Mapper
Voice Actor
Writer

Also, the website is currently under construction, but is open.
To Join
If you want to join us, follow the proceeding link to fill out an application http://www.tsumiru-enterprise.com/docum ... ation.html
Schedule and quota
A schedule and quota will apply a week after joining us, this will include the following:
Quota: after the first week, three submissions will be expected each week (amount is flexible when taking your job into consideration, but minimum will be one)
Schedule: After the first week, we'll roll into a schedule, I refuse to half-ass this project, so we will follow a schedule of one month for every two main areas (towns, including their interiors; Dungeons; surroundings, etc.)
and if we follow this schedule properly, we will be able to roll out a demo within three months. (with a team of three or more)

Thank you for showing interest in
Tsumiru Enterprise

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Tsumiru-Enterprise-- Lunar: Fragments of the Past

Post by Alunissage »

"we"?

I had missed your earlier posts. Skimming very very quickly through your previous thread, I have to ask: why make this a Lunar game? Set this far after the rest, is there anything specifically Lunarian in it that wouldn't be standard enough for any RPG with a backstory of Ancient/Previous Civilization? In other words, if you're working out a story and characters as such that don't connect directly with the existing story and characters to such an extent that removing the existing setting wouldn't destroy the game, then why not make your own standalone game rather than a fanwork?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Looks a little... dark for a Lunar game. o_o The logo does anyway.
-Nobi

ciaron23
Saith Pirate

Post by ciaron23 »

Alunissage wrote:"we"?

I had missed your earlier posts. Skimming very very quickly through your previous thread, I have to ask: why make this a Lunar game? Set this far after the rest, is there anything specifically Lunarian in it that wouldn't be standard enough for any RPG with a backstory of Ancient/Previous Civilization? In other words, if you're working out a story and characters as such that don't connect directly with the existing story and characters to such an extent that removing the existing setting wouldn't destroy the game, then why not make your own standalone game rather than a fanwork?
Because it's set in the Lunar world, and because there are descendants from those from the Last Lunar game, exposing who would kinda ruin it :/
Nobiyuki77 wrote:Looks a little... dark for a Lunar game. o_o The logo does anyway.

hehe, it was unintentional, but it I'm trying to make it as cheerful as the originals, as foreboding as the logo looks :|
gotta work on the dialogue though lol

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Hmm... This sounds like fun. The plot is a little dark, but I being a fan of the macabre Im not to concerned. ;) But I would definately try and make it brighter at least towards the beginning. I've got some experience making sprites for some previous RPG Maker games, and I'm a pretty enthusiastic writer. If you'd have me I'd be happy to try and help out. Send me a PM and we'll swap info.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

ciaron23
Saith Pirate

Post by ciaron23 »

Hey! just letting you guys know it's STILL on the way, but due to family and school related issues (wonderful mix...) i haven't been able to work on it at all, but... the bright side is i've been able to hone my skills in drawing and storytelling in the mean time, so quality and creativity as well as originality may go up significantly :D i'll still be on and off, but i'll try at least managing a proper schedule to work with this... so if you're still interested, just hit me up at my email :)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Keep it Lunar and it keep it looking good this way. You always give fanwork the benefit of the doubt and some understanding on it not being a polished product. Especially not in the WD way, but I could have a lot of fun with this.

WD going down should make this more than possible. Are you going to reuse any Lunar music? You won't get b*tched out and "forced" to shut down like the people who were making the fanmade Zelda games like OOT2D. They could've kept making those. Nintendo couldn't have really MADE them quit. =\

EDIT: I hope you can get the vets here to join you in the making of this. I'm sure they can keep secrets and having at least Kizyr and Alunissage in on this would help.

ciaron23
Saith Pirate

Post by ciaron23 »

About the music:
I was actually thinking about making an original Soundtrack for the game, yet have some of the music from Lunar as the backbone of them, in other words, probably a revised version of them, BUT sticking to the way the music from the previous games were made, in other words, i wouldn't use any instruments that weren't used in the previous one.
The problem with trying to make an original soundtrack is that I lack the resources to do it and also lack the absurd amount of creativity isao mizoguchi and Noriyuki Iwadare have when they composed the pieces. but i still want the music to be original with the same feel as the past lunar songs.

At one point i was hoping in hiring Isao Mizoguchi or Noriyuki to compose it (HAH!)

Moving on, i took someone's comment on the Logo Looking a little dark, I'm working on it, as well as a new Opening sequence.

But yea, i hope you guys help me on this, the more, the merrier :D

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Just a note: I changed the first image into a link. That's what was causing the window width to be too long. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Semaj
Saith Pirate

Post by Semaj »

do you have a general timeframe for when the games should be done?
The person who asks the question is a fool for a moment, but the person who does not ask the question, is a fool forever.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Semaj wrote:do you have a general timeframe for when the games should be done?
It's Lunar. Expect delays. :lol:

Seriously, though. If last minute ideas are GOOD, going with them is the only option. A rushed game is bad forever.

Semaj
Saith Pirate

Post by Semaj »

yea, true. i wouldn't want to see another incarnation of satan like DS was. heck, i don't care how long it takes, so long as it stays true to the general timeline of Lunar.
The person who asks the question is a fool for a moment, but the person who does not ask the question, is a fool forever.

ciaron23
Saith Pirate

Post by ciaron23 »

The Game takes place 2000 years after the events in Lunar 2. i'd rather not spoil what happens so i'll just say that Lunar has become an uninhabitable wasteland, as it was before Althena transformed it for human habitation. I'm filling up the 2000 year gap between the 2 games with stories implemented directly with books you can find throughout the game in any bookcase. I'm going to try to keep them in a non-linear order since a person playing the game may not go after the first book, and instead begin by the fifth or sixth book.
ah and one other thing, I'll be using the music from the previous games until i can find myself a composer that matches the music style of Lunar. And as for delays, expect them lol, I'd really rather not rush perfection, but i'd have to say i can get a demo running in a year AT MOST, I was actually playing around with the idea of making it a 3d game, but after trying it out, it seem atrociously hard lol XD

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

ciaron23 wrote:The Game takes place 2000 years after the events in Lunar 2. i'd rather not spoil what happens so i'll just say that Lunar has become an uninhabitable wasteland, as it was before Althena transformed it for human habitation. I'm filling up the 2000 year gap between the 2 games with stories implemented directly with books you can find throughout the game in any bookcase. I'm going to try to keep them in a non-linear order since a person playing the game may not go after the first book, and instead begin by the fifth or sixth book.
ah and one other thing, I'll be using the music from the previous games until i can find myself a composer that matches the music style of Lunar. And as for delays, expect them lol, I'd really rather not rush perfection, but i'd have to say i can get a demo running in a year AT MOST, I was actually playing around with the idea of making it a 3d game, but after trying it out, it seem atrociously hard lol XD
Have this in mind as a hopeful rather than an imperative. You'll have hell finding someone that can compose like Iwadare.

Semaj
Saith Pirate

Post by Semaj »

that sounds great. will we be able to get the demo off your website? btw, great job with your vids on youtube for this. seeing it make me want to play it that much more

ciaron23
Saith Pirate

Post by ciaron23 »

You guys really inspire me on this, i'm saying that much :) and as for hosting the game, my website is from microsoft, and they only allow a maximum of 10 MB uploads, my game is currently sitting at 200 megs, mostly because of the size the music files are after i extracted them from the Lunar cds. but I CAN make a torrent file after i finish it and host that torrent on my website.

as for the music, yes, i wish i can find someone as talented as Iwadare, because I was really hoping to make this game like the others, they had a melody repeated here and there, but not the same song... ah well, they have good music :) now as for character composition, I think i can manage a few sketches as soon as i get some newspaper stories i gotta write out of the way :|

Semaj
Saith Pirate

Post by Semaj »

i want to be able to help with some of the writing if i can, but the thing about that is if i were to try and assist, how would i go about it? i mean, you already have some of the story. would you just give certain sections to work on or what?

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Semaj wrote:i want to be able to help with some of the writing if i can, but the thing about that is if i were to try and assist, how would i go about it? i mean, you already have some of the story. would you just give certain sections to work on or what?
You aren't capitalizing your I's. Let someone else do it.

EDIT

So I went to YouTube and watched the video. I see tons of potential for progress, but still....I'm hurtin'. Here are my impressions and criticisms.

Pros:
1. The interior of the houses was very Lunar and I loved that.
2. I love that you're making the bookshelves readable. The lack of readable bookshelves in DS really hurt the title.
3. The music was alright.
4. You reused some tiles from the Lunars. I really wish you'd get a lot more of them.

Cons:
1. I didn't get the Lunar-y lighthearted feel from what I saw.
2. The town itself and the overworld feel more like Pokemon than Lunar.
3. Someone on YouTube said that it feels more like FF than Lunar and I'm inclined to agree. You need to make it less wordy. Recall that Lunar characters usually have a more casual way of speaking.
4. The main character's character pic is too serious looking. I'd love for you to have as many characters as possible have faces and several emotional variations. The normal ones should almost always look calm and content.
5. You overuse commas. Have someone who is a complete stickler for perfect English go over all of the text before release.

Suggestions.
1. Names. Have a lot of them. One up Lunar by giving even more of the NPCs names. If that sounds a little daunting...remember that QUEST 64 named all of their characters. If THAT game can be like that then this one can, too.
2. Tons of varying character pics for emotional range.
3. Do whatever you can to the overworld so it doesn't feel like Pokemon at all.
4. Keep an eye on the story and the events and be sure that it doesn't stay too serious for too long.
5. BE FUNNY, DAMNIT. This'll help keep it from being too serious. Don't go topical like WD did. Those sorts of jokes don't age well.
6. If you know someone who can draw well in a Lunar style, have bromides please.
7. Sidequests! Lunar could certainly have used this.
8. DO NOT make the characters acknowledge that they're in a video game. It's not very funny and it takes away from the immersion.

ciaron23
Saith Pirate

Post by ciaron23 »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Semaj wrote:i want to be able to help with some of the writing if i can, but the thing about that is if i were to try and assist, how would i go about it? i mean, you already have some of the story. would you just give certain sections to work on or what?
You aren't capitalizing your I's. Let someone else do it.

EDIT

So I went to YouTube and watched the video. I see tons of potential for progress, but still....I'm hurtin'. Here are my impressions and criticisms.

Pros:
1. The interior of the houses was very Lunar and I loved that.
2. I love that you're making the bookshelves readable. The lack of readable bookshelves in DS really hurt the title.
3. The music was alright.
4. You reused some tiles from the Lunars. I really wish you'd get a lot more of them.

Cons:
1. I didn't get the Lunar-y lighthearted feel from what I saw.
2. The town itself and the overworld feel more like Pokemon than Lunar.
3. Someone on YouTube said that it feels more like FF than Lunar and I'm inclined to agree. You need to make it less wordy. Recall that Lunar characters usually have a more casual way of speaking.
4. The main character's character pic is too serious looking. I'd love for you to have as many characters as possible have faces and several emotional variations. The normal ones should almost always look calm and content.
5. You overuse commas. Have someone who is a complete stickler for perfect English go over all of the text before release.

Suggestions.
1. Names. Have a lot of them. One up Lunar by giving even more of the NPCs names. If that sounds a little daunting...remember that QUEST 64 named all of their characters. If THAT game can be like that then this one can, too.
2. Tons of varying character pics for emotional range.
3. Do whatever you can to the overworld so it doesn't feel like Pokemon at all.
4. Keep an eye on the story and the events and be sure that it doesn't stay too serious for too long.
5. BE FUNNY, DAMNIT. This'll help keep it from being too serious. Don't go topical like WD did. Those sorts of jokes don't age well.
6. If you know someone who can draw well in a Lunar style, have bromides please.
7. Sidequests! Lunar could certainly have used this.
8. DO NOT make the characters acknowledge that they're in a video game. It's not very funny and it takes away from the immersion.
I love you :D as for the houses, it wasn't my fault, the RPG maker i was using was a newer version, and a complete flop because of their blocky composition, so i reverted to an older version, RPg maker XP. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. The houses are NO longer blocky. and more Lunarish.
And I need to work on my Humor i know :/
I'm going to copy your pros and cons for reference, myh internet keeps going down for some reason O.o

Semaj
Saith Pirate

Post by Semaj »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote: You aren't capitalizing your I's. Let someone else do it.

I don't usually find it neccesary to capitilize my writing in posts. Oh and by the way, that's why spelling and grammer check were invented.