My... experiments MUAHAHAHA! *cough* ahem

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Bloodrose
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My... experiments MUAHAHAHA! *cough* ahem

Post by Bloodrose »

Well, they're not GOD awful... but man you can certainly tell I'm no pro at this.

I love to draw, paint, etc. but I'm one of those newbs who thinks they know it all (even though I know I DON'T know much, I just hate to be TOLD HOW to do things and I like to explore freely).

At any rate.. here's my latest piece: "Quark"

I mainly focus on head-shots especially for the dragons since they have so much detail.

Main lining was done in pencil, outlined with black sharpie. All grey shading is strictly pencil, and yellow hair is marker.

I've also got a head-shot of Lucia in here. It's a simple sketch, but I think I like it as-is.

And.. I tossed in an attempt at a fan-cel with Lucia as well. I used acrylic paint on a transparency....... BUT I RAN OUT OF ACRYLIC! So.. half the paint cracked and smudged and I had to go over and over it mixing acrylic with oil since I ran out and couldn't afford the ridiculous prices of decent paint.

I'll also be posting a drawing of my half-finished custom art for "Evil Goddess Lucia," and my custom standee of the kiss scene between Alex + Luna, and of course Nall's happy face :-).

I plan to add Quark to that standee as well and gradually work my way to Ghaleon, the Magic Emperor, and finally add real feathers to a drawing of Quark's wings.

Ashley

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: My... experiments MUAHAHAHA! *cough* ahem

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Those are pretty good! I know Quark can be a pain to draw (lots of details on him...), but you did a good job getting those details in there. I like the Nall + Alex and Luna kissing scene, it is pretty cool too. The Lucia painting looks cool. I can't paint and I'm really awful at it, so this looks cool to me. The Lucia sketch looks good. You manage to include the details on her outfit to make it look good. Over all, everything looks pretty good.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: My... experiments MUAHAHAHA! *cough* ahem

Post by Sonic# »

I have to say, though Nall's head looks squished in the last one, I really like the kiss. I'm not sure quite what it is about it...

And the Lucia painting looks like my attempts to work with pastels. Woo! It looks interesting. Like you're looking at it submerged in a pool. ^_^ You did make the eyes a bit off, but everything else works for me.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time