Quick opinion sought

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Quick opinion sought

Post by Alunissage »

I've been considering for some time doing an artwork based on the picture of Althena used in my avatar, and have been gathering materials. This has always been my favorite piece of Lunar art. However, the color of the dress has been a bit problematic. So one option that occurred to me was that I could use the coloring of the later versions of Althena, that is, a deep rose rather than the gold:
http://lunar-net.com/ebc/screens/7/thum ... BC2032.jpg

It's just a bit hard to tell how much of the color scheme of her outfit was as originally visualized and how much is a product of the limitations on number of colors. It may even have been intended to be white or ivory.

Of course, if I change the dress, I'll likely have to change the other fabrics as well, which would be a hassle on the design end of things but possibly easier regarding materials. There's also balance to consider; white draperies wouldn't show up so well against a light background so I'd have to outline them without compromising the implied texture of the fabric as sheer and floaty.

Any thoughts?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Quick opinion sought

Post by Kizyr »

For recognizability's sake, at least, I think you should go with the later (SSS) design, at least color-wise. The SCD version, at least of TSS, had a pretty basic color-scheme. So it's reasonable to figure that the later versions are closest to what the artists intended.

That and there's more references for the later design/color-scheme, including in the artbooks. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)