ReMake of Lunar DS *New pic of Perit Village*

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *First Screen *

Post by Sadrin »

Kizyr - Thanks for the info, great wise one! i'll be sure to use those names you sugested. How do you know about this Germanic stuff? I tried looking it up on google and I couldn't find anything about those names for any others that are used.

Zophar- Thanks for taking a look! I'm still not done with that map... alot more shadow work is needed and i'm not sure what to fill in the rest of the map with. Oh and about the Star Dragon Tower... I wanted to make it feel new to people who have seen it many times over while playing EB and EBC. It is 2000 younger than what we've seen before. But I had to make it my own so I made it a bit larger to make it feel more important. I based mine on EB not EBC. EB has a gold triangle design around it that EBC's star dragon tower didn't have. Just wanted to point that out! :wink:
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Zophar
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zophar »

Sadrin wrote:Kizyr - Thanks for the info, great wise one! i'll be sure to use those names you sugested. How do you know about this Germanic stuff? I tried looking it up on google and I couldn't find anything about those names for any others that are used.

Zophar- Thanks for taking a look! I'm still not done with that map... alot more shadow work is needed and i'm not sure what to fill in the rest of the map with. Oh and about the Star Dragon Tower... I wanted to make it feel new to people who have seen it many times over while playing EB and EBC. It is 2000 younger than what we've seen before. But I had to make it my own so I made it a bit larger to make it feel more important. I based mine on EB not EBC. EB has a gold triangle design around it that EBC's star dragon tower didn't have. Just wanted to point that out! :wink:
Your welcome. Really? I did not know about the changes they made on the Star Dragon Tower between EB and EBC. Then again I never played EB so yea... I guess there is some truth in the phrase: "You learn something new everyday". :)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Okay everyone, I've started coloring, but I want some opinions. I'm doing a comparison between what I'd call "Classic Kubooka" vs. "My normal coloring style". I'm honestly for either way, but I'd like to know what you'd prefer to see in the game.

Classic Toshiyuki Kubooka style

My normal coloring style

-Nobi

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I must say that these look fantastic! I'm not sure if I like one over the other... I'm not going to say anything! :x I wanna know what others think! These are great though.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote: It's sort of like Yoda during Episode I, when there were plenty of Jedis,... KF
I'm sorry Kiz, I just saw this and I can't help myself... blame the excessive caffien in my tea. There is no Jedis... Jedi is singular and plural. =P Now if you excuse me, I must punish myself for even stooping to this level of geekery. Thumb screws sounds lovely, or perhapes the horse pull...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Nobi, I vote for "classic" style. It just looks more like Lunar artwork to me.

YuureiKun
Burg Farmer

Post by YuureiKun »

Cel shaded coloring all the way. The closer to official Lunar art, the better is how I feel. :D

Also, I colored my Lucia sketch. D:

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Very nice YuureiKun! I think that would make an awesome portrait for the battle window!
-Nobi

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Wow! Both the Jian and Lucia sketches are looking great!

And, I never use italics like that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

A couple of Lucia sketches I did while I was waiting for my Japanese lesson today (My sister and I go at the same time, so there's an hour before mine starts)

I apologize for the crappy scan quality, tis from my sketchbook that doesn't quite fit in the scanner >>
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Love the second part to that Lucia scan Nobi!

Wow, this is some great stuff. Two different people drawing uber pics of Lunar characters. Can this get any better?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

*they're
Mitch Hedburg wrote:We need to embrace the contractions.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

The artwork is looking great! Makes me feel all warm inside.

I might have a new screenshot up today. It will be of the blue dragon's cave. Nothing super duper though. I just want to show the diffrence to the DS game.

**Edit**
Ok sorry I did't get a new picture up yesterday! It took me forever to animate the water...I made 10-4X4 frames! Phew... Ok so about the map... The gfx I used are from an awesome game Legend of Oasis. If anyone has played that you'll see how much i've edited everything. I've redone this title set 4 times now. >_< but if you'll notice things blend with eachother. It was something I touched on alittle bit with the other pictures i've posted. I want to give the feeling like everything is painted. I think i've found my style now. :)

So yeah give me some feed back about the picture. Anything you don't like or see something that needs to be fixed? I sure hope so!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: ReMake of Lunar DS *New Picture*

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Drew these during lunch at work today.

-Nobi

YuureiKun
Burg Farmer

Post by YuureiKun »

The new screen shots look tight. I really like what you are doing with the graphics. :D

Lucia's shocked face is adorable. XP

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

This is only a test. It's still a bit stiff.

-Nobi

YuureiKun
Burg Farmer

Post by YuureiKun »

Dude, that is sweet. :D

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm assuming that animation is intended for TSS-style cutscenes, in which case it looks damn good on a technical level. You're right that it does look a bit stiff, but that's probably because a person wouldn't naturally stand like that and talk; that same eye/mouth animation paired with him in a slightly more dynamic pose would look very much like something from the character intros in TSS.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Yuureikun: Thanks! ^_^

ilovemyguitar: Actually I was intending it for the dialogue portraits, I've currently no plans for TSS like cinematics... yet. One thing at a time I say. ^_^
-Nobi

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Sorry for the lack of updates!! It's been a rather busy week for me. I went to my boyfriend's cosin's wedding on friday! It was my first wedding and first time meeting alot of my BF's family! Anyway... I've been working on the design of Delrich temple. I finally have a layout i'm happy with. Phew... And here is some nice news...
ilovemyguitar is helping with the plot so that makes him head writer!

Nobiyuki77- Love the pictures!! The animated Jian is pretty spiffy! We might be able to do something like that. It would really add a new level of design to the game.

Yuureikun- Thanks! I hope the remake looks better than the original. :)