Recruiting for a Dev. Team

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Enigma
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Recruiting for a Dev. Team

Post by Enigma »

I am currently recruiting 2 or 3 people to join my Developement Team for my game in the making, Lunar: The Eternal Eclipse. I will post 3 things next. 1. The brief history of the last 500 years. 2. A recent history of current events. 3. The things I need from the people in my Dev. Team.

The last 500 years...
Since the events of Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete, the power of Althena in the world of Lunar has been slowly dying away. Few still hold the power to perform magic and healing just as Althena wished the world to be able to do. Many that still have these gifts have congregated together and formed powerful kingdoms. Most of these kingdoms have died out over the years, but four have stood strong. These four kingdoms are Arcadia the Black, Aquios the Blue, Talacia the Red, and Farwind the White. In the past 200 years these four kingdoms have stayed near one of the four dragon caves. The cave of the Black Dragon in the north, the cave of the Red Dragon in the west, the cave of the Blue Dragon in the east, and finally the new cave of the White Dragon in the South. THe White Dragon took up refuge in the south after his home was plauged by fiendish wars. Recentally, in the past 100 years, the White Dragon Cave, the entire continent it was on, and another nearby continent were engulfed by a magical storm. Not a single vessel has entered the storm and returned to tell of it. Some believe the White Dragon did not wish anymore wars upon his home, so he soffacated the land of it's life. Others believe Althena herself is slowly sucking the life from Lunar and that the magical storm is slowly moving closer, although there is no evidence towards the theory. I, truly don't know what that storm is, but I do know that soon we will all find out...

Recent History
The world is currently at war. The three greatest kingdoms in all of Lunar are bound to destroy each other. The largest of them all is the kingdom of Arcadia. It is home to the great and powerful Judges, they are said to be more like executioners. The next strongest to the Judges are the Dragon Blades and Dragon Mages, they greatly out number the Judges. There are a total of seven Judges. They govern the great empire under the rule of Emperor Xalas. He was once a Judge until he assassinated the old Emperor and took his throne. He eventually waged war against the kingdom of Aquios. This also puts Sinfira and Zeyfia in danger because of their alliance with Aquios. Aquios is a kingdom unlike most. It does not have to worry about being attacked very often. It rests upon the waters alone, in the shallows at the southern most part of its continent. Arcadia also waged war against Talacia. It is a kingdom surround by a sea of sand. Then that "sand sea" is surrounded by various mountains. It is quite fortified. These two kingdoms that Arcadia waged war against are not friendly to one another, but they may have to change that to survive.

Our tale starts off with a seventeen-year-old boy named Enigma. He has been living in his home for two years, after the death of his grandfather, dreaming of traveling to Arcadia, train in the powers of the Dragon Blades, then go off on adventure, and use these powers. He has already learned some of their skills, but not many. He is in for a rude awakening when he arrives in Arcadia. But, I'll let you find that out for yourself.

What I need in a Dev. Team
1. I would like someone that has experience with the Rm2k/3(Rpg Maker 2000/2003) system.

2. I would like someone that has high levels of spriting experience.

3. I would like someone that has a creative mind and might be able to help me come up with parts of the storyline when I need help or am stuck on something.

Either post here or Pm me if you would like to help me out. I really would appreciate the help and I really need it.
Last edited by Enigma on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Enigma
Nanza Bandit

Post by Enigma »

I know I'm double posting and I'm sorry. I just wanted to say, if you would like to join my developement team but don't have any experience in those areas it's completely fine. Right now I am just in need in help. If you would like to join but don't what you could do I am certain I could find something for you to do. I could even teach you how to use the Rm2k/3 System if you'd like. It's not that difficult. I really just need help no matter what you could do for the game, it would be helpful.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

First, threads about fangames should go in the Arts section, not here.

Second, what does this have to do with Lunar? Nothing in the backstory you've given is specific to the series; the four dragons could be four mongooses for all it matters and there are always caves near population centers in RPGs. Why not make it an original setting?

Third, colored text is really a pain to read.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Point taken about moving it to The Arts thread. Didn't consider that.

Oh, and the colored text is rather easy to read if you ask me. The irritation is when folks use low-contrast text against this dark blue background. I'd say it's fine as-is.

Also... Double-posting is totally fine if you're updating with new information, especially when the last post was two weeks prior. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Enigma
Nanza Bandit

Post by Enigma »

Alunissage wrote:First, threads about fangames should go in the Arts section, not here.

Second, what does this have to do with Lunar? Nothing in the backstory you've given is specific to the series; the four dragons could be four mongooses for all it matters and there are always caves near population centers in RPGs. Why not make it an original setting?

Third, colored text is really a pain to read.
Well, one, GaleonOne told me to put it where I put it first, he said it shouldn't be in the Arts section, two, That was just a brief summary that I made assuming that you played Lunar: EBC and that you would be smart enough to add it onto the storyline of that game, three, I really don't care if it's a pain to read...I liked it so I made it that way.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

...I really think we can keep things civil in this thread. Please, no more off-topic discussions (i.e., not directly related to the dev. team request or the fan-game) in this thread. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just a note, I did okay it with him to post it on the AAGB (or was it General Lunar board? I can't even remember the PM exactly) because it was Lunar related. I personally would give a bit more lenience to where a post goes if it's on the topic of Lunar related. Now that I think about it, we would generally put a piece of Lunar fanart in the Arts board as well, so I guess it does fit better here.

Also keep in mind, I've been making most of my posts in haste lately, so they may not be as coherent as usual...

Anyways, carry on with the topic at hand...
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Enigma wrote:That was just a brief summary that I made assuming that you played Lunar: EBC and that you would be smart enough to add it onto the storyline of that game, three, I really don't care if it's a pain to read...I liked it so I made it that way.
My question is not whether someone would be able to tell that it's intended as a fangame based on an existing series, it's why bother making it a fangame instead of an original game. It seems from what you posted that the non-Lunar elements you're introducing (the kingdoms, for example) are more conspicuous than the Lunar elements. The dragons aren't mentioned much, there's no dragonmaster, and it's set after all the established storyline, in the blank set of the post-EBC time period. Maybe you feel that time period gives you more freedom to develop your ideas, but if you need that freedom you may as well start from scratch.

I can only speak for myself here, and I have a well-known bias against fanfic and similar works. A big part of that is that other people's stories tend to feel illogical and not in line with the established storyline(s), characters, etc. As such, it's hard to appreciate the story when all the things that don't match stick out like sore thumbs and tend to make the whole thing sound wrong. You may save yourself some trouble in not having to create your own backstory when you base your work off of an already-existing setting, but you'll make it much harder for your audience to accept since they'll be aware of inconsistencies.

Also, keep in mind that if you want people to read what you write, you should probably care whether it's a pain to read.

Boris Moskovitz
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Boris Moskovitz »

I couldn't help but be reminded of Romance of the Three Kingdoms when I read the premise.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Alunissage wrote:
Enigma wrote:That was just a brief summary that I made assuming that you played Lunar: EBC and that you would be smart enough to add it onto the storyline of that game, three, I really don't care if it's a pain to read...I liked it so I made it that way.
My question is not whether someone would be able to tell that it's intended as a fangame based on an existing series, it's why bother making it a fangame instead of an original game. It seems from what you posted that the non-Lunar elements you're introducing (the kingdoms, for example) are more conspicuous than the Lunar elements. The dragons aren't mentioned much, there's no dragonmaster, and it's set after all the established storyline, in the blank set of the post-EBC time period. Maybe you feel that time period gives you more freedom to develop your ideas, but if you need that freedom you may as well start from scratch.
I dunno, it has the four dragons and their caves, which were one of the few major things, other than Althena (who's dead now), that remain in all the Lunar games (save Walking/Magic School). If I were to guess, I'd say that each of these kingdoms will most likely have their own hero with ties to one of the dragons. It all sounds just as much like a new Lunar game as anything else. *shrug*

Enigma
Nanza Bandit

Post by Enigma »

ilovemyguitar wrote:
Alunissage wrote:
I dunno, it has the four dragons and their caves, which were one of the few major things, other than Althena (who's dead now), that remain in all the Lunar games (save Walking/Magic School). If I were to guess, I'd say that each of these kingdoms will most likely have their own hero with ties to one of the dragons. It all sounds just as much like a new Lunar game as anything else. *shrug*
Surprisingly, I have been working on the story lately and that's along the lines of what I've came up with. And, I did mention Althena, I am also working on Magic School. There is also save walking, so it'll all work out. I really just need some people who know how to or will take the time to learn how to and help with everything. There is alot of it and it's difficult. I would like to release the beta soon, but I have been doing some major changes in the game and will have to reconfigure alot of stuff. This, actually, wasn't orriginally a Lunar based game. It was just a game that I was making then a friend of mine told me about this site and I desided, after getting back into Lunar, to do a cross over and keep some of the main things from my storyline and add new stuff to make it like Lunar.

Bloodrose
Iluk Crackpot

Re: Recruiting for a Dev. Team

Post by Bloodrose »

Don't know if this is still in the works, but I'd be willing to help out in any way I can.

I'm not a super duper sketch artist, BUT.. I'm pretty good at custom works so long as I don't have to copy anything (that Quark took me FOREVER to draw freehand.. although in my defense, I did have to blow it up about 50 sizes lol but still.. the Jessica and Lucia drawings took me a couple of seconds though and I didn't even use pencil at all with Lucia, it was all sharpie ;-)).

And, I'm VERY good with plot points but don't ask me to write you a whole script because I'm pretty picky with wording and you'd be upset if I missed a deadline. I can definitely give you tons of ideas though.

In all honesty I've had 3 general plots for Lunar sequels/prequels.

One involving a dragon as the main character, one involving a prequel with the original 4 heroes + Dyne, and one involving the Goddess Althena.

Then of course there were minor creative tweaks such as Ghaleon's solo backstory (about his turn from Dyne's best friend to the Magic Emperor).

I mean the possibilities are endless but most of these would all be prequels, not sequels. It would be more difficult for me to think of any events following Eternal Blue simply because it was such a good ending and I hate games that just spin off a million times and change little but the character's names.. it really annoys me.

I do have one idea though.. and it would be about the restoration of the Blue Star since that was essentially Lucia's mission and since Hiro is living there with her, it would just make a lot of sense to start a new chapter on the Blue Star and make the story revolve around Hiro and Lucia defending it from the powers of darkness that seek to halt its regeneration.

The only returning characters would be Nall and Ruby as humans (with dragon hybrid transformations similar to the way the Drakengard 2 main character evolved or the transformation of the new dragon breed in Breath of Fire V took on).

I'm not going to spoil my ideas for the ending or give away any other details for ideas I have.. but I figured I'd give you a small taste of what creative ideas I have stored away in this rusty noggin.
Ashley