Lunar Cosplay

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar Cosplay

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Miri wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:fat Jessica and somewhat chunky Luna
Except not really. Ahh, good ol' internet tough guys.

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:If you don't have THE FIGURE of the character...DON'T COSPLAY AS THEM.
Because cosplay is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:"Lucia" should have taken her glasses off for the picture, too.
I'm not wearing any. Its the photo.

So.. let's see your cosplay, B_G, since you're apparently so high caliber.
1. An Internet Tough Guy is someone who threatens people across the internet. I never did that. lol. Nice try, though.

2. I suppose you have me there. People are welcome to stretch the physical dimensions of a character beyond belief but it's certainly not attractive.

3. Ah.

4. I'd never dress up like a character. lol
Ruby wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote: All except for fat Jessica and somewhat chunky Luna. If you don't have THE FIGURE of the character...DON'T COSPLAY AS THEM. "Lucia" should have taken her glasses off for the picture, too.
If this is how you're going to act towards people who put lots of work into their costumes then please, don't goto any conventions. We don't want you there. :evil: I mean, seriously, what the hell? There isn't a single person in that picture who deserve to be called "fat" or "chunky" and even if they were what business do you have saying BS like that. I doubt you're doing anything half as interesting and I somehow doubt your headshot looks like a super model. You know, especially because those images are as much a fantasy as drawings of Lucia are.
I'd have to be paid quite a bit of money to attend any sort of con. As far as my remarks on the figures of a couple of the girls go, good job on caring enough to reply about a total strangers opinion. I also never claimed to look like a supermodel either. :lol:

Look into being able to shrug off the words of total strangers.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

...same pattern as always, eh?
1) Say something rude
2) Insult the other person for taking offense
3) Tell them that they shouldn't take your opinion so seriously

Every time you say something offensive, you eventually get around to that third bit. Why do you bother posting in these forums at all, when you do nothing but make thinly-veiled (or unveiled) insults?

If you're unable to post anything constructive in this thread, I'll delete the post. This is the only time I'll mention it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Kizyr wrote:...same pattern as always, eh?
1) Say something rude
2) Insult the other person for taking offense
3) Tell them that they shouldn't take your opinion so seriously

Every time you say something offensive, you eventually get around to that third bit. Why do you bother posting in these forums at all, when you do nothing but make thinly-veiled (or unveiled) insults?

If you're unable to post anything constructive in this thread, I'll delete the post. This is the only time I'll mention it. KF
1. I already stated that I didn't know the cosplayers were people who posted here. I'll reiterate that I thought someone went to a con and saw a group and wanted to take their picture.

2. By saying that I find it ridiculous for them to take offense? pffft.

3. Why tell me that I tell them that? I know I tell them that. I do it because it's entirely valid and as obvious as healthy grass being green. Give one good reason that they SHOULDN'T shrug and say "That's HIS opinion. I don't even know him, so who cares what he thinks?"

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:1. I already stated that I didn't know the cosplayers were people who posted here. I'll reiterate that I thought someone went to a con and saw a group and wanted to take their picture.
2. By saying that I find it ridiculous for them to take offense? pffft.
3. Why tell me that I tell them that? I know I tell them that. I do it because it's entirely valid and as obvious as healthy grass being green. Give one good reason that they SHOULDN'T shrug and say "That's HIS opinion. I don't even know him, so who cares what he thinks?"
This goes beyond what you say on just this thread--it's a common pattern you've followed in at least 5 other threads (insult, then mock people for getting offended).

Your entire point is that people shouldn't care what you have to say. I'm not saying you shouldn't say that--what I'm asking is why, when that's what you believe, you bother posting anything in the first place? Especially when it's nothing but destructive criticism? If you really believe people should ignore you, then don't bother posting in the first place. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:1. An Internet Tough Guy is someone who threatens people across the internet. I never did that. lol. Nice try, though.
Except its mockery online in general. So 'lol Nice try' to you too.

-

And now I'm done for being off topic.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Kizyr wrote:This goes beyond what you say on just this thread--it's a common pattern you've followed in at least 5 other threads (insult, then mock people for getting offended).
It's been more than that. I disappeared from the site about a year and a half ago, and that's more or less how he operated then. It's just what he does.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Miri wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:1. An Internet Tough Guy is someone who threatens people across the internet. I never did that. lol. Nice try, though.
Except its mockery online in general. So 'lol Nice try' to you too.

-

And now I'm done for being off topic.
Giving things your own definitions now? :lol:

EDIT: Perhaps you actually read that somewhere. Link please.

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Giving things your own definitions now? :lol:

EDIT: Perhaps you actually read that somewhere. Link please.
Sure, why not.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Internet_tough_guy

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

A fellow EDiot! Awesome! That place basically covers my perspective. ITG's are the guys who say things like "WHY DON'T YOU SAY THAT TO MY FACE!?" or "If I ever see you, I'll beat the hell out of you!"

With your point of view, anyone that laughs at or criticizes anything is one.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Well, this has gone on long enough.

No more posts off the topic of cosplay, please. I'll be deleting any further posts along the line of the last several posts in order to keep this thread on-topic. Nothing new's going to be said past this point. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

Thank you, Kizyr.

Anywho, my friend Diane came to visit earlier this week and we took some photos as Luna and Alex, so I'll share a few. :)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

You're a good Luna as always, but wow, that's a nice looking Alex. Is that her natural hair?

Also like the switched-hats pose. :D
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That's a great setting, too. Could totally see that being Burg or environs thereof. The bare feet remind me of the drawings of young Dyne and friends in the Vheen manga.

And you even have the right earrings on. Nice attention to detail. ^_^

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Sonic# wrote:You're a good Luna as always, but wow, that's a nice looking Alex. Is that her natural hair?

Is that a screw up? You're talking to the Luna, so I figured you'd say "your". If you mean the Alex, that does look like natural hair. I highly doubt that you think someone has naturally BLUE hair unless you think that's a wig. It looks like dyed natural hair to me, though.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I mean "the" Alex, of course. I've seen both wigs and natural hair that look like that, but I'm curious about whether the person's hairstyle just naturally fits like that.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

Sonic# wrote:You're a good Luna as always, but wow, that's a nice looking Alex. Is that her natural hair?
Thanks! As for Alex, she's wearing a wig. :)

That might be my favorite pic we took. <3

Alunissage wrote:That's a great setting, too. Could totally see that being Burg or environs thereof. The bare feet remind me of the drawings of young Dyne and friends in the Vheen manga.

And you even have the right earrings on. Nice attention to detail. ^_^
We tried to find us nice places without buildings and we got lucky. And thanks, I actually forgot about the earrings when I first made Luna. Oops!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Still the best damn Luna I've ever seen. You never fail to impress Miri. ^^
-Nobi

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Miri wrote: Image
Oh my... :O that is without a doubt the best cosplay of Luna I've ever seen. :shock:

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I agree that this is the best Lunar cosplay I've ever seen. It doesn't exactly hurt that the scenery is perfect as well; usually cosplay is photographed in a convention center or something, which sort of ruins the effect.

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

Aww, thank you all very much! :D