Lunar Cosplay

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar Cosplay

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I agree that this is the best Lunar cosplay I've ever seen. It doesn't exactly hurt that the scenery is perfect as well; usually cosplay is photographed in a convention center or something, which sort of ruins the effect.
I actually agree on all points.

Clear Note
Lann Fisherman

Post by Clear Note »

REALLY nice, Miri.

I'm actualy going to make a new Hiro tunic. I'm thinking about using Linen or Twill for it, but I'm just worried that if I make the bottom edges look raggedy, the fabric might fall apart with one pull of a fiber. One thing is for sure though: It will be a lot better than the first one. This will also include a sheath for my sword and maybe a Ruby plushie.
I say the cheese is always twice the fence post!-Ed from Ed Edd, n Eddy

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hm. Well, you definitely wouldn't want a loose weave, or that's what would happen. Twill might work, but it'd be kind of stiff, wouldn't it? You might be able to iron some interfacing to the underside of the hem and then cut at the edge to make it raggedy with the interfacing holding it together, though that also tends to make it stiff. Or simply use Fray-Check or clear nail polish on the edge after making it ragged. That might be the way to go.

Clear Note
Lann Fisherman

Post by Clear Note »

Alunissage wrote:Hm. Well, you definitely wouldn't want a loose weave, or that's what would happen. Twill might work, but it'd be kind of stiff, wouldn't it? You might be able to iron some interfacing to the underside of the hem and then cut at the edge to make it raggedy with the interfacing holding it together, though that also tends to make it stiff. Or simply use Fray-Check or clear nail polish on the edge after making it ragged. That might be the way to go.
I tried the interfacing idea on a prototype Hiro tunic and it seemed to work well. So when I make raggedy edges at the bottom, I'll use the interfacing or the fray check stuff. Thanks. I'm remaking it because 1) there was an unwanted mishap during an attempt to hem it and 2) I want a slightly brghter shade of blue like Royal Blue.

Clear Note
Lann Fisherman

Post by Clear Note »

Wow. It's been forever since I've been here. I just have an update to announce. I finally received the Ruby plushie for my cosplay. It arrived while I was away at Otakon. I'm getting excited for when I wear it with Hiro.

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

I'd love to see it. :)

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Miri wrote:Anywho, my friend Diane came to visit earlier this week and we took some photos as Luna and Alex, so I'll share a few. :)

I saw you guys at Colossal Con as Hank and Dean Venture! My friend and I totally geeked out over you. Thanks for putting up with our requests for a "super run away" and "mecha shiva" action! :lol: You also cosplayed Quatre and Trowa too, right? *Completely fangirled when you posed with Brad Swaile for a picture.* Fatastic cosplay job! You ladies rock.

So, Venture Bros., Gundam Wing AND Lunar??
You're amazing. I think you're my new best friend. :lol:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

Oh my, what a small world! :mrgreen: Ahah, you're very welcome, It was really fun doing those!

Thanks so much! :lol:

Undine
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Undine »

Oh man. Your Alex and Luna shots are too cute. I also love your Last Unicorn stuff. This would be slightly off topic, but do you have pics of the Venture Bros costumes?

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Undine wrote:Oh man. Your Alex and Luna shots are too cute. I also love your Last Unicorn stuff. This would be slightly off topic, but do you have pics of the Venture Bros costumes?
I thought I told you to get offa my forums, tramp! :x
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Ah! I filmed those videos! x3
My friend Crittle there is a HUGE Dean fan, and I'm a Hank fangirl.
She's the Dean to my Hank. :lol:
Okay, end random post.
I love you and your cosplay! :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

Ahah, they were fun to do.

Thanks so much! :D

GhaleonBonne
Meribian Merchant

Post by GhaleonBonne »

Hi guys. Excellent costumes here. It's really great to see such dedication.

Here are a few costumes I've done for Lunar. The first one is pretty old, around 2005. It is a little Photoshopped, but the costume itself is untouched. http://ghaleonbonne.deviantart.com/art/ ... n-18829430
This one took a lot of effort to put together and was well worth it. These pictures were taken at Sakura Con '08, and the costume has been modified since then. Specifically, the battle skirt. We were under a tight deadline to get it done and only had enough time to throw that part together. It was remedied for Video Games Live 2009, but alas I do not have any photos from that event at this time. There are a few more changes I want to make to make it more accurate to the original garb, but I lack the resources to do so at this time. http://ghaleonbonne.deviantart.com/art/ ... -111962378
http://ghaleonbonne.deviantart.com/art/ ... -111963362
http://ghaleonbonne.deviantart.com/art/ ... -111963255

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

After posing for this photo, the Magic Emperor attempted to backhand and magic the stupidity out of Edward and Bella -- in the name of the greater good, of course. Alas, the task was too great even for him. He realized that without absolute divine power he would never succeed, and thus a legend was born...

I can't even guess how this costume was made... all I know is that it looks great. I bet it's heavy.
「まあいいけど。」

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

That looks great, nice work!

GhaleonBonne
Meribian Merchant

Post by GhaleonBonne »

Shiva Indis wrote: I can't even guess how this costume was made... all I know is that it looks great. I bet it's heavy.
It's mostly foam and fiberglass resin. The yellow piece is made from vacuum-formed plastic. His codpiece is actually cardboard, though it does a great job of imitating leather. The gauntlets are modified leg guards. A friend of mine makes Darth Vader armors and owed me a favor for some video work I did, so we made the Magic Emperor armor.

As for the weight... it isn't that bad. The odd shape is what causes pressure. I can only stand to wear it for two hours at a time before my shoulders start complaining. That wouldn't be so bad if there were better padding on the inside. As I said earlier, we were under the gun for time.
Miri wrote:That looks great, nice work!
Thanks. Your work is very good, too.
Last edited by GhaleonBonne on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I think that's the first Magic Emperor cosplay I've seen. It's fantastic! I might be going to SakuraCon this year. If I do, hopefully I'll catch you walking around in Magic Emperor garb? :)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Best. Mecha Shiva. Evar.

I once did go as Dr. Henry Killinger (with his magic murder bag) to Comic-Con. Need to find pictures of that.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Ardent Fox wrote:Best. Mecha Shiva. Evar.

I once did go as Dr. Henry Killinger (with his magic murder bag) to Comic-Con. Need to find pictures of that.
Please do find pictures. :P
I cosplayed a bad Triana with a Venture Bros. group one year. Mike Sinterniklaas jumped in the photo as Dean. :lol:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」