Lunar Cosplay

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar Cosplay

Post by phyco126 »

Hey, that really is a nice costume!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

I just want to say that Lunar is far from dead and is actually quite more popular than most of the other 90s RPGs when it comes to fandom. This group at ACen was larger in size than Ohayocon if you could imagine it and we stopped to talk with dozens of fans throughout the weekend. Show the love, cosplay more, hold more panels and support Game Arts by buying their future games.

Clear Note
Lann Fisherman

Post by Clear Note »

HiroOne wrote:I just want to say that Lunar is far from dead and is actually quite more popular than most of the other 90s RPGs when it comes to fandom. This group at ACen was larger in size than Ohayocon if you could imagine it and we stopped to talk with dozens of fans throughout the weekend. Show the love, cosplay more, hold more panels and support Game Arts by buying their future games.
I agree 100%. ALso, I'm slowly adding more to my Hiro cosplay, along with some repairs. It'll be back for the next Acen gathering.

Also, it was nice meeting you, HiroOne.
I say the cheese is always twice the fence post!-Ed from Ed Edd, n Eddy

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Clear Note wrote:Also, it was nice meeting you, HiroOne.
Did you have an epic battle to determine whose Hiro shall reign supreme? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Clear Note
Lann Fisherman

Post by Clear Note »

Kizyr wrote:
Clear Note wrote:Also, it was nice meeting you, HiroOne.
Did you have an epic battle to determine whose Hiro shall reign supreme? KF
No battle. I actually learned a few useful things instead.

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

Got a pic of yours, HiroOne? I'm wondering if you're the one I ran into...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Alex_Pwns_Hiro wrote:
Miri wrote:
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:I'll see you at the Detour. :D Im stoked. Not gonna be cosplaying this year due to my inability to... Well... Sew, but Ill still prolly walk up and compliment the costume. :)
Heh, maybe, I'm still not sure if I can go to that one or not. I'm hoping to, though. ^^

And because I can, have a pic of all the Lunar folks together. <3

Everyone looks soo good, all the costumes are great.
All except for fat Jessica and somewhat chunky Luna. If you don't have THE FIGURE of the character...DON'T COSPLAY AS THEM. "Lucia" should have taken her glasses off for the picture, too.

Clear Note wrote:Sorry to double post, especially since no one has replied in this thread for a while (don't crucify me)

I'm here because I wanted to show my Hiro cosplay.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/ ... ictory.jpg

Premiered at Anime Central 2009
You just made me realize that there aren't any black people in Lunar games. :shock:

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

B_G: Please be mindful of the fact that some of the folks you refer to post in this thread. Some of your comments, or at least the tone, are uncalled for.
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Kizyr wrote:B_G: Please be mindful of the fact that some of the folks you refer to post in this thread. Some of your comments, or at least the tone, are uncalled for.
Sorry. I figured it was just someone going to a con and seeing a group of Lunar cosplayers and then asking to take a pic of them together.

I'm just saddened that I've never seen a hot Jessica cosplay.

The Dark Althena one is smokin' hot!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The tone of your comments would STILL be uncalled-for even if that were the case. Not to mention that that information was in the thread. If you can't be bothered to read the entire thread, don't post.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Enough down this line... it doesn't need to continue.

I've seen attractive Jessica cosplayers before. Cosplaying in general though is usually done of characters that don't quite have human proportions, so there's always some "remixing" necessary. Also, while animated characters can look good in robes, robes in reality aren't as flattering to the form--something about the way gravity works in the real world keeps the sides straight. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There are probably fabrics that would more closely approximate the improbably perfectly draped garments in the character designs and drawings, but they likely aren't practical for the presumably limited budget of the cosplayer. Bias-cut silk, for example, or heavy rayons. I have often wished that cosplayers would try to find fabrics other than satin to use, though; it has no elasticity at all, is hard to work with (and thus probably won't fit well), and just tends to look garish. However, most designs seem to involve lots of bright primary colors, which tend to look, well, ridiculously cartoony on real people -- just another way in which things that work in animation don't carry over to real life, akin to how blue hair doesn't look very good with actual skin tones. I'd rather like to see an interpretation of a character in toned-down, more realistic colors rather than the exact, bright, simplified palette of cel art and game sprites. Hiro's cape being more brown, Lucia's top being natural/undyed cotton with embroidery rather than applique, Nall's jacket being khaki or even camo, etc.

Regarding skin tones, while there are no people with really really dark skins in the Lunar games, there is certainly variety in skin tone -- Alex is much darker than Luna, Kyle darker still and with much different eye shape from the rest, and Hiro is practically orange compared with Lucia. It's not just the male characters either, of course; Jean is pretty dark too. That may just be as dark as it was practical to animate... and of course that's not counting the diversity shown by introducing actual different races (Beastmen and Vile Tribe) with not only skin tone but other features differentiating them.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Kizyr wrote:Enough down this line... it doesn't need to continue.

I've seen attractive Jessica cosplayers before.
Please post them!

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

If I go to Otakon next year, maybe I'll cosplay as Goddess Althena... I made the costume quite a while ago and just never had the nerve to wear it (mainly because I was worried it would get pulled down and I'd flash everyone ^^;;; I also still have my Luna costume too. I only wore it a couple of times too (I believe those pics are posted on this site too). Ahh memories...

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:fat Jessica and somewhat chunky Luna
Except not really. Ahh, good ol' internet tough guys.

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:If you don't have THE FIGURE of the character...DON'T COSPLAY AS THEM.
Because cosplay is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:"Lucia" should have taken her glasses off for the picture, too.
I'm not wearing any. Its the photo.

So.. let's see your cosplay, B_G, since you're apparently so high caliber.

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Miri wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:fat Jessica and somewhat chunky Luna
Except not really. Ahh, good ol' internet tough guys.

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:If you don't have THE FIGURE of the character...DON'T COSPLAY AS THEM.

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:"Lucia" should have taken her glasses off for the picture, too.
I'm not wearing any. Its the photo.

So.. let's see your cosplay, B_G, since you're apparently so high caliber.
That made me LOL. XD
Anyways, in my opinion, the Jessica cosplayer looks awesome. Same with all the others.
I wanna go to a con as Alex! Seems like Alex is not cosplayed enough to me.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Miri wrote:
I don't know how true it is but I heard this rumor that the internet is serious business too, so we got ourselves a double whammy on our hands here :p

Anyways, the costumes are great, some of the best I've ever seen and it makes me sad that I wasn't there in person to take pics. I watched the youtube vid and it looked like you guys had a great time! That's what counts! Will you guys be going to Otakon this year by any chance? I can't make it, but if you are I'll let my best friend (who is also a Lunar fan) Kathie know and hopefully she can catch up with you guys and snap some pics :)

Miri
Lann Fisherman

Post by Miri »

Alex_Pwns_Hiro- You should! More Alex cosplay would be love.

Blue Dragon Ninja- Serious business for everyone!

Thank you, we did have fun and that is indeed what counts! Sadly I don't believe any of us are going to Otakon. Sorry!

We had an other little Lunar gathering at ACen this year, so I thought I'd share a few pics from that. :)

http://www.deathcom.net/gallery/display ... ?pos=-6166
http://www.deathcom.net/gallery/display ... ?pos=-6132
http://www.deathcom.net/gallery/display ... ?pos=-6152
http://www.deathcom.net/gallery/display ... ?pos=-6156
http://www.deathcom.net/gallery/display ... ?pos=-6153

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote: All except for fat Jessica and somewhat chunky Luna. If you don't have THE FIGURE of the character...DON'T COSPLAY AS THEM. "Lucia" should have taken her glasses off for the picture, too.
If this is how you're going to act towards people who put lots of work into their costumes then please, don't goto any conventions. We don't want you there. :evil: I mean, seriously, what the hell? There isn't a single person in that picture who deserve to be called "fat" or "chunky" and even if they were what business do you have saying BS like that. I doubt you're doing anything half as interesting and I somehow doubt your headshot looks like a super model. You know, especially because those images are as much a fantasy as drawings of Lucia are.

On another note those costumes look really really nice. It's no neat to see so many Lunar cosplayers in one picture. I've always wanted to do cosplaying but I always chicken out each year when I think about the time required to make a costume and then the hassle of actually wearing a costume throughout the entire convention. I mean, I had an idea for the "Vault Dweller" from Fallout 3 and I couldn't even be bothered to make that costume. How sad. I only own one costume I'm particularly happy with (V from V for Vendetta) and well, I don't think that'd go over so well trying to wear that at an anime convention. ;p Plus the boots for it hurt.

PS: Here's a picture I got of a Lucia and Hiro I snapped a picture of for Neko-Con 11. I'm pretty sure I posted the last picture I caught of Lunar cosplay from Neko-con 6 or so a while ago. :)

Clear Note
Lann Fisherman

Post by Clear Note »

Miri wrote:Alex_Pwns_Hiro- You should! More Alex cosplay would be love.

Blue Dragon Ninja- Serious business for everyone!

Thank you, we did have fun and that is indeed what counts! Sadly I don't believe any of us are going to Otakon. Sorry!

We had an other little Lunar gathering at ACen this year, so I thought I'd share a few pics from that. :)

http://www.deathcom.net/gallery/display ... ?pos=-6166
http://www.deathcom.net/gallery/display ... ?pos=-6132
http://www.deathcom.net/gallery/display ... ?pos=-6152
http://www.deathcom.net/gallery/display ... ?pos=-6156
http://www.deathcom.net/gallery/display ... ?pos=-6153
That gathering was small, but it was still pretty fun. I just realized that I should have wrapped my leg bandages closer to my knees. A lot of minor fixes will be done to my cosplay in preparation for future events. Along with a number of additions.