Lunar: Legend Multimedia Project (Pics inside!)

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar: Legend Multimedia Project (Pics inside!)

Post by phyco126 »

Alright, I said I was going to make a post so here it is. Currently, I have decided to merge some of the things I was doing with Lunar: Legend into one big project. This project is going to consist of many things, and I am quite excited about doing them too (though my Neck, Back, and hands arn't, lol.)

Anyway, to the point. What is the LLMP? Well, since I've been ripping cinematic sprites and items for my webcomic and the smaller regular game sprites for TheRadicalAusa, I decided that with the way things are going, I have too much to do and it's not efficient. Besides, why should I be the only one to enjoy access to these things? So, the LLMP is several stages. I am currently on Stage 1.

Stage 1. - Spriting, Animating, and Card/Gallery. This means that I will be making sprite sheets of not just the cinematic sprites, but instead sprites of all unique looking characters in the game. As I have mentioned in my other post, I am done with Burg and will be working on Saith throughout the week. I will be concentrating mostly on the smaller regular game sprites more than the cinematic sprites for the time being, but I won't stop completely. This also means I will be animating the cinematic sprites as well as, get ready, the animated cards! Samples right bellow, that I have done this morning. The timing is very slightly faster than the game, but only by a very fine hair. I may go back and try to make the timing closer, but for now it really isn't noticeable.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Now Lnet already has all of the cards (I sent the rest in this morning, if G1 didn't already have them to begin with) and all of the Gallery pictures, so these will mostly be for me, as I plan on making use of the cards, and maybe the Gallery pictures. Why not use the ones on Lnet? Easy, they ain't BMP :P

Stage 2. Music and Sound. AKA, taking the music and putting it onto a WAV file, same with sounds. Dunno how exactly I will do this (space wise, just 48 seconds = nearly 5 MBs >>) but anyway, just because the music may sound crappy doesn't mean it can't get SOME love. :D

Stage 3. Game saves. Actually, I already have dozens of saves throughout the game... so yeah, this part is done. :P

Stage 4. Anything I missed. Don't know what that will be, but what the hey :D

Edit: Oh, I forgot. Very likely when I am finished spriting, I will create a massive Master Spritesheet, for anyone who would want to skip sprite sheets seperated by town (regular game sprites) or by character/object (cinematic sprites)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Lunar: Legend Multimedia Project (Pics inside!)

Post by DevNall »

phyco126 wrote:Stage 2. Music and Sound. AKA, taking the music and putting it onto a WAV file, same with sounds. Dunno how exactly I will do this (space wise, just 48 seconds = nearly 5 MBs >>) but anyway, just because the music may sound crappy doesn't mean it can't get SOME love. :D

FYI, someone has already done this -- you can get all the music from Lunar: Legend over in the GSF archive in Zophar's Domain. It's compressed into a small 240KB RAR, but only a few programs read that format; fortunately, most can export into .WAV, so TRA or whoever will need to convert it to use in RPMaker.

Phoenix Dragon
Reza Thief

Post by Phoenix Dragon »

Heh, hope you get around to finishing all of that. I'm going to do the same for TSS all the way up to EBC. Anyway, good luck ^_-. And don't forget about Photobucket being notorious about bmp files, aka bmp into JPG. I'd suggest saving in PNG for non-animated sprites, because it retains the color quality, it's small((Though not as small as gif, but hey, it retains the quality, right?)), and it doesn't get all artifact-y. Then again, that's just me suggesting ^_^;...

Like I said, good luck with your project!
Insert signature here.

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

Hey this is really something, i cant wait to see what comes of it. That master sprite list must have taken you forever to do though. Good job and keep it up.
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

DevNall wrote:
phyco126 wrote:Stage 2. Music and Sound. AKA, taking the music and putting it onto a WAV file, same with sounds. Dunno how exactly I will do this (space wise, just 48 seconds = nearly 5 MBs >>) but anyway, just because the music may sound crappy doesn't mean it can't get SOME love. :D

FYI, someone has already done this -- you can get all the music from Lunar: Legend over in the GSF archive in Zophar's Domain. It's compressed into a small 240KB RAR, but only a few programs read that format; fortunately, most can export into .WAV, so TRA or whoever will need to convert it to use in RPMaker.

Sweet, thanks for the link :). I'll be checking it out here very soon.

Edit: Okay, I've grabbed the files, but I have no idea how to convert them to .wavs.

Phoenix Dragon wrote:I'd suggest saving in PNG for non-animated sprites, because it retains the color quality, it's small((Though not as small as gif, but hey, it retains the quality, right?)), and it doesn't get all artifact-y.

As I said in the other topic, I'll keep this in mind. However, I have hundreds upon hundreds of BMPs that would need conversion. Plus I think some need Photo Shop in order to even see PNGs. Still, when all is said and done I'll look into converting them for everyone's modem's sake :lol: .

AbsoluteAlex wrote: That master sprite list must have taken you forever to do though.

Hehe, well, I haven't done the master yet, but the master itself will be simple, just copy and paste the other sprite sheets in. It's the individual sprite sheets that take forever. :P The Burg sprite sheet took about, just a guess, but I would say about 12 hours ish, give or take a few. Not in a row mind you, it spanned out over the course of a month or two. Or was it three? ><;

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

You don't need Photoshop to view PNG files. Most image viewers and browsers now support it (except MS Paint, which only views JPGs and BMP anyway).

Try IrfanView, at http://www.irfanview.com. It's an easy way to convert from one file format to another. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Huh, then I must have mistaken the MS Paint for not viewing PNGs for something else. Heh, whoops, sorry ^^;. Still, MS Paint cna save a file as PNG I found out, without distorting or changing colors. :D. So likely, when I get done, I'll have three different file types for each screens, card, gallery, sprite, and whatever else from the game. BMP, JPG, and PNG. :D

Edit: Okay, so I just converted the longest comic of Lunar Wars I have made thus far to a PNG file. Out come - same colors and no distortion, but a even smaller file than JPG. So... this means that I have just opened my world to Hi-Resolution Comics :P Weeeeeeeeeee!

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

phyco126 wrote:Edit: Okay, I've grabbed the files, but I have no idea how to convert them to .wavs.

Depends on what you're using to play it with. Most players have an option to export to .WAV; for example, on Windows, if you have WinAmp with the appropriate plugin to play those songs, you can have it 'play' to a WAV file, although it's been quite a while since I've done this.

I think I recall seeing an option for exporting in Audio Overload (which is available for Mac and Linux), but I haven't tried it.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hmmm, well, if I can't do it that way I'll just gank them myself off the game. I won't grab WinAmp, I mean I know it's a good program, it really is, but it hates me soooo much. Everytime I've gotten it, it has made my computer crash (and we are talking about different computers and different OSs and different years.) *sigh*

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I just tried it and Audio Overload works, too. There's an "export to WAV" option that exports the last played song, just enter a filename (you have to add .wav) and a length (remember these songs repeat infinitely).

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Thanks, I'll check out the program later tonight when I wake up. If it works, then I reckon I'll be set :P