OT, recent works of mine, comments?

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

OT, recent works of mine, comments?

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I recently did up a couple of images, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback. Hope you like 'em.

This is my character, Giga Girl. I draw a comic of her for GIGA: The Gamer Girl and Anime Otaku Alliance, though the web-site is currently undergoing re-construction... ^^;; This is an illustration I'm doing for a cardboard standee that I'm going to have at my table in the Artist's Alley at Otakon. Hope you guys like it.. ^^

This next one is an illustration for a story I'm writing called "The Pendant" featuring the 3 main characters, Claw (long brown hair), Meelo (short black hair), and Kryona (hot chick in front... ^^). Hope you like it. ^^

-Nobi

Hyrth
Saith Pirate

Post by Hyrth »

Absolutely amazing! I went to the Otakon last year, however I could not get tickets for this year. Your art is superb, my friend! I look forward to seeing more and reading your story, "The Pendant".

Although I do believe this is supposed to be in "The Arts" section. :wink:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, it's moved over now, but wow, for some reason I had never really had a chance to take a look at your art before. It's amazing dude!
-G1

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

Nice work! I was interested in the what you've been drawing already from the member picture thread. Thanks for sharing.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Thanks for the compliments! ^_^ I appreciate them. Yeah I'm planning on having a table at this year's Otakon at the Artist's Alley to try and get some commisions going, 'cause lord knows I need the money... :-P

Does anyone have any critiques about anything I can do to improve the pieces? I'm my own worst critique a lot of the time, but I also know that a lot of the time I'll be working on something for so long that I'll just kinda miss something... and I'd like to improve those things, along with anything else I can do to improve to piece as much as my ability will let me. ^^
-Nobi

Hyrth
Saith Pirate

Post by Hyrth »

One critique..The first girl seems fat or chubby. Nobody wants to see her fat belly..Although in the real world alot of us see things like that we don't want to...XD

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I noticed that too with the first picture, but to me, that just made her seem a bit sexier =P I mean, who wants a tooth pick with size D's anymore? Seems most art is leaning more and more towards that....

My only real comment though, is that shirt that the girl is wearing in the first picture pwns =P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Strangevision
Lann Fisherman

Post by Strangevision »

Those pictures are awesome! I'm no good at critiquing art, so I'll just say...

IT'S PERFECT. :wink:
Mega Magic Flame!

Accepting donations. :)

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Your art's freakin awesome! They're way better than mine, and the first one does seem more realistic than the stuff we see today...( You know...when they're all way too...fit.) Oh, and ,not to be rude...don't you think the characters in the second pic are rather...short? (They're great though )
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Hyrth wrote:One critique..The first girl seems fat or chubby. Nobody wants to see her fat belly..Although in the real world alot of us see things like that we don't want to...XD

Oh GIVE ME AN EFFING BREAK. It's a drawing and a damn good one at that and the CARTOON girl in the picture looks perfectly fine. Why don't you stick your finger down your throat, -Albino Baboon-.

P.S. I have that shirt!!
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I kinda prefer my characters to be a little imperfect anyways, or always changing slightly as real people do. This week she's got a bit of a belly, next week she may have gone on a diet and eliminated it. Who knows? :-P
-Nobi

Moonshadow
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Moonshadow »

I like that style a lot, and also how you have characters change. I hope you do well at with commisions. I also hope you go far as an artist. =P
Those who live by the sword are usually shot by those who don't.

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

Nice job Nobi! I too would be interested in seeing Pendant.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Ah, years of my yelling at you about unrealistic bodies have finally taken effect. :P I continue to fail to understand why you put Vs on faces for noses, though.

I didn't see the first one as fat at all, just fairly normal for today's styles. I think the reason some people are seeing her that way is that the curve of the pants' waistline is a bit too rounded and deep, which may look like her belly is actually bulging over it. I'm also wondering if maybe her right foot is looking a bit too short at the toe...?

For the second, I think it's more that the heads are slightly big compared to their bodies than that they're short. That may be a stylistic decision, though. The girl's left foot looks a bit odd...I guess she's pointing her foot (a lot) while wearing platform boots, but it's still a bit odd. There's also a lack of shadows anywhere except in the background; I notice it most with her hand and left leg. Her face reminds me a lot of Luna.

Is this the same manga you were working on a few years ago? I'm assuming so from the name, though I suppose there are fewer pendants involved now since it's lost its S. ;)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I've re-written the story somewhat so that it doesn't suck as much, but yes it's the same basic idea as before Alun. ^^

I just need to find the time to draw the actual manga. ^^
-Nobi

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

I think they look pretty darn good, too. I think you have a good sense of coloring, putting highlights and shadows with the folds of their clothes and other details like the sign. Keep at honing that ability.

I do feel that you could practice more with your proportions. The heads on the two males on the lower picture look a little large, but it could be just me and my preference. And I don't feel you have to be idealistic with bodies, either. It's actually easier, I believe, to draw buff males and curvaceous females than more "normal" frames. So, I would suggest to continue trying new things like you did with the female in the first picture. Try new things with every aspect of your drawings, from characters to landscape.

Good job. Keep practicing :)

ToLazy2Sit
Burg Farmer

Amazing

Post by ToLazy2Sit »

no changes are needed... end of story
You heard it too, didn't you?