My Art: The Corner of Your Eye

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My Art: The Corner of Your Eye

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hello all,

If you don't mind, and have a moment, please take a look at my newest piece of artwork: http://www.deviantart.com/view/30331664/

Like it or hate it, please let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot and take care :)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hmmm, a demon like entity huh? Looking at the picture, I personally automatically think the picture is showing someone with a great deal of fear, and that demon is feeding off that fear.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I see someone who has many dark secrets, and they are being overwhelmed by them. It looks like them are slowly being eaten away by the darkness. The eye may represent the portal to the soul where the darkness lies. But that's just me. There are many things that this painting can represent. The only person that knows what it truly means is the painter themself. Sometimes even the painter doesn't even know what it means or represents.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Dunkleheit
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dunkleheit »

I can't tell if it's the right or the left eye.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Part werewolf? Monkey crawling down face? :lol:
What Dl said was so corny. It doesn't have to represent feelings. It could just as easily be someone who just turned a corner and came face-to-face with a shag-like carpet. There is definitely fear or surprise in their eyes.
:?
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I think that it's fear. NextGen, what I said is not corny. I said what I felt the painting was saying. It's not my fault that you didn't see what I saw.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Wow, first, thank you all so much for commenting!

I agree that the eyes are windows to the soul. It is so true, you can tell so much about a person if you pay close enough attention to their eyes. You can see sincerity, fear, sadness, love, desire, lust, the list goes on. I like that you saw some deeper meaning into it Dragonlord. It could be all that you said.

I have been trying as of late to do pieces that reflect fears of mine. Whether they be strong or just little silly ones. For me, this piece represents those eerie feelings one can get when it's really late and they hear, or as the title implies, see something out the corner of their eye. This can be literal or as Dragonlord described more figurative. I've also been trying to create art that can create different reactions. So I'm very glad to see that you all have had a different take on it.

Thank you all very much and take care ^_^b

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

No prob.
Just keep up the good work.
Eragon

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Nice work, it looks good. :D The shadow at the edge is done especially well- I love the little grey creepers, they make the picture that much more interesting. The only thing that I would suggest is adding a bit more depth to the eye by adding some shading around the edges, especially around the inside top and bottom.