Some Art

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Some Art

Post by Ardekh »

I haven't posted here in a while (because I haven't done any Lunar art in a few months) but I had something that LOOKED like it could be Lunar, so why not post it?

It's my friend's character that I drew for him. It's kind of Lunar-influenced, as he likes Lunar as well. It says I drew this October 1st, so it's not too recent.

Lately, I've been practicing non-human things, and things far away from anime. I'm much better at non-anime, anyway. For example, Lion King like stuff:

Off topic, I know, but I actually made a background!

So anyway, I posted here. Hopefully if my friend lets me borrow his Lunar DS I can get back into a Lunar groove and draw some more Lunart.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That Lion King one rules! That's still my favorite Disney movie.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, seriously, the lion king like one of your is pretty freaking tight. Sort of reminds me of what would happen if Scar actually didn't end up a bad lion. :P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

:D Thanks! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite. Here's like, my fourth Lion King drawing ever, which is still everyone's favorite.

Yech, the background is terrible. Drawing Disney stuff has really helped me improve, and helped me learn how to use Photoshop.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Ardekh wrote::D Thanks! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite. Here's like, my fourth Lion King drawing ever, which is still everyone's favorite.

Whoa. Aside from the original characters, is that entirely original? I can see why that's everyone's favorite.

Personally, Aladdin is my favorite Disney film, followed by Lilo & Stitch. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm with Kiz. That's amazing! That is extremely good.
-G1

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Thank you! Well, the big one is supposed to be an older version of Simba, and the cub is some guy's character. He asked me to draw Simba with his character, so I did. So anyway, yeah, it's original, and at the same time I wanted to make it feel like the Simba and Mufasa scene from the movie. There's a lot of mistakes that I want to fix but I'm too lazy.

Aladdin is my second favorite, followed by the Lion King. Outside of those three, I haven't seen any Disney movies for years, and I'm not too fond of the computer animated stuff.

To be up to date, here's a pic I did today.

Backgrounds are not my thing...but it's better than plain white.

I really do wish I could play DS so I can get back into a Lunar groove. I want to see if what I learned with the Lion King helps me do better with that. I've never used anything other than black lines to draw before last month, and that makes everything look a lot better, I think.

I put my Lunar art here. It's sadly small. (nothing else on that site works)

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

GhaleonOne wrote:That Lion King one rules! That's still my favorite Disney movie.

YEEESSS! *Humps your leg.* I can recite that movie without the movie actually playing. I rule.

All in all, that's some damn good fan service! I mean, art. Yes. Very well drawn. I absolutely adore it. GIVE MORE KTHX.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Umm...well, I got this.

...which bears a striking resemblence to...

My sense of humor never changes.

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

Oooh! Very nice artwork! Brava!
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Thank you!

Pretty old one...I used to spend a lot more time on them.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Personally, I don't know whats better, the picture itself or the grass effects...

You should draw a picture with a female cub playing with a male cub, with another male cub hiding in the shadows watching jealously! Bwa hahahaha!

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Ah, you noticed the grass! I just figured out how how to make grass a few days ago. Reference my first picture to see how my grass USED to look. I should edit that...

And that's a good idea! Hah, maybe I should make it Mufasa and Sarabi with Scar being all jealous in the background. Except I don't particularly think they had a love triangle.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Funny you mention the love triangle bit from the first movie. I though of that not long after I made my post, but decided that it's not my choice, and what not. Besides, it would have requirred me to edit my post, I wasn't up for that at the time. :D

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

No, no, I love suggestions! Specific or non. I'm pretty unoriginal with my ideas...they usually consist of just a face with different expressions, or standing, or doing something else equally mundane.

This one involved movement, though.

I also edited that first pic I posted so the background's not grotty anymore.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

That first pic looks like a character from Thunder Cats. Those Lion King pics are really good.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I love the Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. That movie runs very deep with me. More than some people can imagine.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Mei Ling
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mei Ling »

Whoah! Neat! I love Lion King! =D One of the best Disney movies I watched! *Imidiately luvs you* ^^
Lucia siggy~

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Funny that Lion King is mentioned these days. Every night I have been falling asleep to it. Hey, kids have their teddybears for comfort into sleep, I have my lion king to comfort me into sleep. Eventually I'll change the movie, but Lion King is just too good. Lion King 2, while I like it, just doesn't compare. And Lion King 1/2... blasphemey!

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I liked Lion King 2. Sequels are never as good as the originals, but of course they're not going to work as hard on a direct-to-video thing.

Let's see, I've done a lot lately, but haven't uploaded any of my very recent things. I've been watching Mulan and Aladdin over and over again 'cause I'm a freak.

Here's a lion one I like.

Did this one a little while ago, but it took a long time.

And I'm terrible at humans, so I've been practicing them a lot lately. Simba as a sultan...

I have plenty more, but I don't wanna post too much. :)

Oh wait, let's not forget my avatar. Who was originally a Lunar character, but I just use him for whatever now. And as my style goes farther and farther from anime, I'm thinking it looks better. I never was too good at anime.

It's like some Disney/anime amalgamation.