My crack at level design

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
localflick
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by localflick »

Pocketnes yielded a water world also, but now one that I created! For some reason I found that holding "A" on the title screen bypassed the water level, and started as usual. Wierdness! I also used to use Nester. It's a pretty good one. Thanks for the feedback. My update keeps getting pushed back...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's the legendary negative world. Certain emulators start up in the negative world apparently. It was like, a legend, when I was growing up. Few people claimed they had seen it, but most shrugged it off as someone making things up. Only to find out it was real. I remember spending hours trying to find it in level 1-2 when I was little based on info from a friend who claimed he had a friend that got to it once in that level. Turns out, it was the truth, as that's how you access it in the real game, but apparently a few emulators start you off in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mari ... inus_World
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Huh, wow. I never heard of it. I just thought it was a normal glitch in the Emulator that took you to a normal world, not a world created entirely out of glitch. I did get stuck there, since you can't back track and I went down a "tunnel" that was only a dead end. ;-;

When I feel like it, I'll grab some more Emulators to see whatelse I can test.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

It's the legendary negative world. Certain emulators start up in the negative world apparently. It was like, a legend, when I was growing up

I know what you're talking about, but it's not it! I've played through -1, and this one isn't it! -1 is just a regular underwater level that loops. The underwater one that starts with Pocketnes (And I'm assuming with Nessie too since I haven't seen it) is very wierd. It had a piranha plant pipe in it, and an area where you have to take the bottom path or you get trapped.

As for getting to -1, here's the details on the "jumping trick": Get to the end of 1-2 where there's the "L" pipe that leads to the flagpole. Make sure Mario's Super/Fiery. Then break the second to last brick from the right above Mario. Finally, duck and jump right at the same time so Mario barely brushes his head across the top remaining brick, and hits the wall. Aim for the hole made from the missing brick, and then for the wall once he's airborne. If done properly, he'll go through the wall, and into the Warp Zone room. Enter the left pipe, but don't let the other two pipes show, or it will be the Warp Zone. When you go into the pipe, you'll be there. It's a lot like 2-2, but it's endless.