So anyone go to any concerts recently?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Zhirl
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

So anyone go to any concerts recently?

Post by Zhirl »

Self-explanatory
Hammerfall/Edguy tonight >.>
My first power metal concert, metal concert at all...
Curiosity killed the cat, white man brought it back.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I went to More Friends: Music from Final Fantasy last May. Does that count? :P

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

You know it's funny, most people don't believe me when I tell them I've never been to a concert. I've been to a few symphonies, but that's it.

And really, it has nothing to do with my taste in music. I love of a lot of different kinds of music...

I've just never gone to one. o_O ::shrug::

I'd like to go to one...

::cry::
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Was backstage at the Rolling Stones and was at the Gigantour with Medgadeth and Dream Theater :)
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Eric, I've only been to maybe 7 total? Two of them were free and two of them came with passes to the amusement part as part of the days activity.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

And if you don't count symphonic-type concerts as concerts in the sense of this thread, I've never been to any either. I'm sure that's a huge surprise. :P

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

ummm the last I have been to was to see alexisonfire for the second time, but I have seen Slipknot, AFI, Linkin park, Eve 6 and i am going to see system of a down on the 17th in vancouver.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Last one I can think of is seeing Psycho le Cemu at Katsucon last February. Before then was L'arc-en-Ciel the previous Otakon, and then the previous year (2003) I got to see Maná, my favourite band, in Northern Virginia. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Pisces wrote:You know it's funny, most people don't believe me when I tell them I've never been to a concert. I've been to a few symphonies, but that's it.

And really, it has nothing to do with my taste in music. I love of a lot of different kinds of music...

I've just never gone to one. o_O ::shrug::

I'd like to go to one...

::cry::

Hey! Orchestra concerts are concerts too fool! Did somebody perform music? Then it was a concert.
-Rich-

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

Hey! Orchestra concerts are concerts too fool! Did somebody perform music? Then it was a concert.

Whatever, Rich, you fruity orchestra geek... :P

::goes off to listen to a musical soundtrack::
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm like Eric, except that I've never really been to a symphony either, and I like many kinds of music.

Well, maybe I'm thinking of concert as something else. I have been to coffee shops and heard bands (good ones, of the local variety) playing. But I tend to think of a concert in larger terms.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

The last concert I went to featured a Koto & a windsyth player/flute player. They played jazz, some original works, as well as Japanese liturature. But as for what some people consider to be "real concerts" gosh I think my last was No Doubt and Blink 182, and that a while ago.

Zhirl
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zhirl »

Interesting...
I only meant concert as anything that technically involved "music". So far I've only been to a Swedish Rock Festival and this metal concert. Pretty enjoyable...
Curiosity killed the cat, white man brought it back.

love a riddle
Lostest Boy

Post by love a riddle »

I planned on going to Videogames Live, but they cancelled all of their tour dates after a successful Hollywood Bowl. Yes, I don't get it either.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Just last week, I went to the Pearl Jam concert in Calgary. It was awesome. Too many people smoking weed right next to us though... :roll:

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

segaboy7 wrote:ummm the last I have been to was to see alexisonfire for the second time, but I have seen Slipknot, AFI, Linkin park, Eve 6 and i am going to see system of a down on the 17th in vancouver.

Save your money, SOAD is horrible live.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"