My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post by MaroonChan »

Any fans here?

Huge fan myself. Love the show. My favorites are Apple Jack and Cadence. My poor room is filled with various pony stuff. :lol:

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post by Kizyr »

...yeah, I'm actually a huge fan of the show. I don't have any merchandise or anything, but I am incredibly fond of it.

I don't exactly have favorites, but the one I identify with most is Twilight Sparkle -- I mean, she's basically a grad student who worries so much about getting everything perfect. I can definitely sympathize {^^}. As for anyone besides the mane six, well, Luna's pretty great.

I was hooked at the first episode, but the one that still resonates with me the most is Art of the Dress. It's weird how in a kids' show they managed to capture all the complexities and irritations of dealing with different types of clients in any type of service profession. It also has my favorite song of the first season (though all the musical numbers in the wedding episode are my favorite of the entire show so far). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Oh, I adored the wedding episodes! The songs in that one was really good. I loved the "This Day Aria." Probably my favorite episodes of the series. The songs from the season 3 finale were pretty cool.

Twilight I like too. I love her quirks. Her nerdiness and her needing everything perfect is amusing.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

ITT: Bronies

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

My younger brother is a HUGE brony! I've watched a few episodes with him before. It's a cute show, but I don't quite understand the hype and the enormous fan following. Am I missing something? Anyone care to enlighten me? D:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Jesus, MY LITTLE PONY IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS. Grow the hell up, would you?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

And videogames are for teenagers, while many of us are in our thirties. Your point?

I don't watch...well, anything, but I've been vaguely curious about this because I did have about forty My Little Ponies when I was a kid. Heck, I still do. They came out right when I was about the target age, maybe six or seven.

Arlia, you've been kind of... tetchy lately. Is something wrong?

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I loved My Little Pony when I was a kid (about 3 or 4 at the time). Something my parents never let me forget!

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

I dunno what it is...but I find it addicting. Maybe the fantasy element? The episodes that have more of a plot are quite good. Was a fan when I was little and got sucked back in.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Jenner and I got to see the voice actresses for Twilight Sparkle (Tara Strong), Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy (Andrea Libman), and Spike (Cathy Weseluck), last weekend at FanExpo in Toronto. That was fun {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

^ John de Lancie talked about his role for a bit in the Star Trek: The Next Generation panel. Maybe some of y'all can explain - he plays pony Q?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Are there Borg ponies?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:^ John de Lancie talked about his role for a bit in the Star Trek: The Next Generation panel. Maybe some of y'all can explain - he plays pony Q?
John de Lancie voices Discord -- he was the villain at the beginning of Season 2 and showed up again in Season 3.
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Discord (spoilers here)

de Lancie also was the impetus behind the Bronies documentary and initially approached Tara Strong with the idea -- Tara Strong was the first one to explain to her about bronies in the first place (if I'm remembering the comments she made at FanExpo correctly). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Kizyr wrote:Jenner and I got to see the voice actresses for Twilight Sparkle (Tara Strong), Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy (Andrea Libman), and Spike (Cathy Weseluck), last weekend at FanExpo in Toronto. That was fun {^^}. KF
You guys were at FanExpo Toronto and you didn't tell me?! ;A;
So close, yet so far!! ;~;
I met Cathy Weseluck last summer. She's phenomenal at what she does and so inspiring. Definitely one of my favorite voice actresses ever. <3

And on a side note, since we're discussing cartoons, a close friend of mine showed me Gravity Falls over the weekend. I can't remember the last time I fell in love with a cartoon show! The writing is engaging, funny and smart. Any fans here? I'm addicted!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Arlia wrote:Jesus, MY LITTLE PONY IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS. Grow the hell up, would you?
Most females past 10 have outgrown it. I bet the MLP people never thought they would have to make t-shirts that could fit grown men. lol

Just when I think the internet has jaded me to the point of not being surprised or disgusted by what I see on it anymore, I get proven wrong.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

LuNaRtIc wrote:You guys were at FanExpo Toronto and you didn't tell me?! ;A;
So close, yet so far!! ;~;
I met Cathy Weseluck last summer. She's phenomenal at what she does and so inspiring. Definitely one of my favorite voice actresses ever. <3
Lass we keep tryin' ta reach ye. Just never seems to work out.

Why not set sail down ta MAGFest next year? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

LuNaRtIc wrote: You guys were at FanExpo Toronto and you didn't tell me?! ;A;
I tried calling you, but you didn't answer your phone again so PLEH!

You should just come down here and sleep on our couch, eat our food, and pet our my cat. It's pretty much the best experience ever, just ask Maru.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.