New Star Wars

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: New Star Wars

Post by LunarRaptor »

@Kyzyr: Well, to be fair, Darth Vader and the Emperor aren't exactly Shakespeare villains, either, so how well the new antagonists stand up to the franchise's gold standards can go either way at this point.

Me, myself, I'm optimistic. Yes, it might very well suck, but just had a REALLY good trailer. Honestly, I am going to go into that cinema with an open mind and a positive attitude. My expectations will be neutral, neither high nor low, because I just don't know how it will turn out for sure at this point.

Personally speaking, the prequels do not exist. It is just three films for me, but I'm willing to let it be four if this washes out the bad taste of those three films don't exist.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

LunarRaptor wrote:Me, myself, I'm optimistic. Yes, it might very well suck, but just had a REALLY good trailer. Honestly, I am going to go into that cinema with an open mind and a positive attitude. My expectations will be neutral, neither high nor low, because I just don't know how it will turn out for sure at this point.
I think this is the best mindset to have when approaching the movie. :) My boyfriend is extremely jaded about the whole thing! lol ("I don't want to see Harrison Ford without his old spark.", "Chewbacca shouldn't be all shiny and brand new standing next to Han! Have him be missing some fur! Give him some battle scars!", "Abrams' Star Trek movies were mediocre at best! I don't think he'll be able to pull it off!") I suppose the prequels have left some emotional scarring! ;) He's already thrown in the towel.

I've never been a huge Star Wars fan, so I'm along the same lines as you LunarRaptor. It will be nice to be able to go and enjoy the movie without having any high expectations or negative predispositions. :D
Last edited by LuNaRtIc on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

LuNaRtIc wrote:The latest teaser trailer doesn't look too bad! :) C'mon, who didn't get warm fuzzies at the end seeing Harrison Ford standing next to Chewie like that?? lol! Although, I wish they would've added some gray hairs to Chewbacca as well... unless Wookiees age significantly slower than humans do? :)

EDIT: Scratch that! I just looked it up, apparently Wookiees can live to be several hundred years old! ;) lol!
To paraphrase, when 900 years he reaches, look as good he will.
...he still should at least have like a bald spot or something. C'mon... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

He's bald from the mange.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Kizyr wrote:
LuNaRtIc wrote:The latest teaser trailer doesn't look too bad! :) C'mon, who didn't get warm fuzzies at the end seeing Harrison Ford standing next to Chewie like that?? lol! Although, I wish they would've added some gray hairs to Chewbacca as well... unless Wookiees age significantly slower than humans do? :)

EDIT: Scratch that! I just looked it up, apparently Wookiees can live to be several hundred years old! ;) lol!
To paraphrase, when 900 years he reaches, look as good he will.
...he still should at least have like a bald spot or something. C'mon... KF
Sorry, couldn't resist.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray