Legend of Korra (spoilers allowed, up to the latest episode)

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Legend of Korra (spoilers allowed, up to the latest epis

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Well I really liked the ending. I did not see Korrasami coming, but in retrospect it makes sense, and I like it. Also Varrick is hilarious, though I'm sure you all know that by now :lol:

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

All in all, this was a very enjoyable show. I followed along with the AV Club's review, and people there were "shipping" Korra and Asami from the first episode of this season. But I probably wouldn't have seen it coming myself. The interesting thing about the Korra and Asami relationship is that it forces the viewer to reevaluate their relationship throughout the show. One of the largest criticisms of the first season was the love triangle. I will also say that I found Korra and Asami's relationship to be very endearing.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh man oh man oh man oh man...

I can't gush about how much I loved the last season, and the ending...

I mean, forget everything I said about Bolin and Korra in the first few posts. They wouldn't've been right for each other (they both had too much growth to do... and being buddies with someone doesn't neatly transition into a solid relationship...). So by, say, the middle of the last season, I was secretly hoping that Asami and Korra would be together just because I like the two of them so much, and they complement each other so well (kinda like Jean and Leo!).

Oh and the way the antagonists were developed! And bringing Toph back in! And the development for Mako (needing to find himself without attachment to a girl) and Bolin (needing to come to grips with the fact that the world can take advantage of his trusting nature, but without actually losing that trusting nature) and Zhu-li (I always knew she was amazing, but I'm... actually ok with her and Varrek marrying by now), etc. etc.

Anyone else who's a fan of the show, feel free to chime in. Maybe I'll be more coherent if I can respond directly to other folks' thoughts. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)