Toonami's Return!

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
brit
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Toonami's Return!

Post by brit »

Not sure if you guys know this or not but Cartoon Network is bringing back Toonami on May 26, 2012.
You can see more here: http://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html

From what's I've heard it will be playing on Saturdays between midnight and 6 a.m.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: Toonami's Return!

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I saw this! I'm super excited about Toonami's return and I can't wait to watch it. I'm glad I still have a few months of free cable (thank you Comcast and your awesome promotion deal XD)

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

This is great news! It all comes down to what shows they will be airing, though. Let's hope they have something big planned!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Just when I think I've finally become a real grown-up, I start watching Legend of Korra, Young Justice, and I guess now Toonami. Just goes to show that growing up isn't a linear process.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I heard that some old shows maybe returning, though what shows I have no clue. I just hope they give us a good line up. ^_^

@ Werefrog - I totally know what you mean I'm also watching Legend of Korra and the fact that Toonami is coming back has me all excited like I was back in elementary and middle school. <3

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I think I'm more excited about this than I should be! :lol:
Toonami was a crucial part of my daily routine while growing up. I would go to school, come home, watch Toonami with my siblings and then we'd do our homework. :)
Our parents we're sticklers about homework, but my mother always allowed us to watch Toonami beforehand. Toonami was a big part of my childhood and a kind of gateway to my anime fandom.

I agree, Brit. I wonder if they're going to play any shows from the old line up. I hope so, because if it's just the bumpers with Tom, then it wouldn't be too different from Adult Swim, wouldn't it? :lol: Actually, I think it would be kind of neat if they played one or two older, "classic" anime shows that they didn't air before. Perhaps something like Nadia: Secret of Blue Water.
At any rate, I'm a sucker for nostalgia, and it will be nice to see this programming block again. :)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Here's the lineup:

http://www.csicon.org/toonamis-debut-li ... -revealed/

Not too much I'm interested in (even though I'll be watching it anyway), but apparently they don't have a lot of money right now and that this is an experiment to hopefully raise more money for more shows.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

LuNaRtIc wrote: I agree, Brit. I wonder if they're going to play any shows from the old line up. I hope so, because if it's just the bumpers with Tom, then it wouldn't be too different from Adult Swim, wouldn't it? :lol:
Hmm... looking at the lineup, it doesn't seem too different than [as]. Oh well. I'll still watch it. Well, these days I'll DVR it and then watch it.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

That line-up's not too bad. Though I'm totally not a Bleach fan so I won't tune in till at least 12:30. >.>
Hopefully it does well and get's more funding.

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hehehe. I remember watching Toonami after school. Like LuNaRtIc, it was a major part of my daily routine.

Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Outlaw Star... ah, the good old days.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."