Last Anime?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Last Anime?

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Well, about a week ago I watched all of Elfen Lied. It was probably the most violent and depressing anime I've seen. ._.

The Lemon Merchant
Saith Pirate

Post by The Lemon Merchant »

Elfen Lied was pretty depressing. When those brats killed that puppy, I was done. I hardly cared when the people got hurt but no one hurts a puppy! Well, okay, I finished the anime but mentally I was finished with it.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I almost turned it off at the first episode. All the gore in the first episode alone was almost too much for me to handle. I could not watch that puppy scene! I actually turned away from my screen and almost skipped over it completely. I managed to finish it after that, but geez! It didn't let up on the depressing or violence at all after that. :(

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Inu x Boku SS

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

nastu
Saith Pirate

Post by nastu »

kuroko's basketball eposide 24
I like playing video games and watching anime!!

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Just finished Madoka Magica. Going to see the film in Houston soon, too.

Lynn Kyle
Meryod Yokel

Post by Lynn Kyle »

Got this in the mail today, getting ready to watch it:

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Good movie, though it's been a while since I've watched it.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

parappa
Lyton Singer

Post by parappa »

I've been watching Sword Art Online on Crunchyroll, but I stalled after 12 eps. It started very strong but I didn't realize it was going to be a full length series.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I've also been watching Sword Art Online. I love it! I've watched all the episodes so far. Ive also been watching Blast of Tempest, which is also on Crunchyroll.

parappa
Lyton Singer

Post by parappa »

Dark_Fairy wrote:I've also been watching Sword Art Online. I love it! I've watched all the episodes so far. Ive also been watching Blast of Tempest, which is also on Crunchyroll.
I'll give Blast of Tempest a try. Looks cool.

Btw, RightStuf's seasonal holiday sale is on now. Some good deals if you're into anime DVDs. Last year I got so much stuff that I still have some of it left to watch.

Lynn Kyle
Meryod Yokel

Post by Lynn Kyle »

I got the new Berserk Arc I blu-ray in the mail the other day. I liked it okay overall, but I feel like people, unlike myself, who have never read the manga or watched the original anime are kinda getting shafted. The animation looks really good and I loved how they did the battles, but I feel like there's too much missing. Some of the stuff I can understand them skipping over, but there basically no character development at all for anyone except Guts and Griffith; even Casca was pretty much non-existent.

I originally watched Berserk dubbed, so I'm glad to see that the main voice actors are the same. At least I think they are. If not, they do a damn good job of sounding like the originals.

My biggest complaint has to be the music, though. I mean, the new music isn't bad, some of it is pretty good at key moments even. But I can't help but compare it to the original soundtrack, which was absolutely phenomenal. I still listen to that OST fairly regularly, too. I doubt I'll ever even buy the new one unless the future movies have more quality tracks to offer.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

I took a recommendation from The Happy Console Gamer and watched Irresponsible Captain Tylor. The protagonist is extremely lazy/incompetent, but promotions keep coming his away. Some of the other characters struggle to decide whether he's an unconventional genius or just a lucky moron.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Old_School wrote:I took a recommendation from The Happy Console Gamer and watched Irresponsible Captain Tylor. The protagonist is extremely lazy/incompetent, but promotions keep coming his away. Some of the other characters struggle to decide whether he's an unconventional genius or just a lucky moron.
One of the greatest animes ever made.
-Nobi

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

I got the DBZ "Rock the Dragon" collector's set for my birthday. So that's what I've been watching the last couple of days. And it's one helluva trip down Nostalgia Ave.

I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Death Note. Too bad it was completely ruined at the end of the final episode.

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

Leo wrote:Death Note. Too bad it was completely ruined at the end of the final episode.
I like the series a lot overall, but I felt like it went downhill significantly after  L died.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I haven't been keeping up with my anime lately. I'm about 3 or 4 weeks behind in my shows, but I've been following Dog X Scissors, Attack on Titan, and Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East.

parappa
Lyton Singer

Post by parappa »

Agreed whole-heartedly about Death Note. I loved that show; watched it twice, even. L is my favourite character.

I recently finished watching all 52 eps (two seasons) of Kaiji on Crunchyroll. It's a slower paced anime, but the plot was truly great, and I tend to like seinen anime and manga. Now I'm watching Akagi, based on another manga by the same author (Nobuyuki Fukumoto). That one is harder to follow since is deals heavily in riichi mahjong, but after getting so fired up by Kaiji, I can still enjoy it.

I've also been persuaded to give Captain Tylor a shot. Only two eps in, but so far it's great--such a powerful 90's throwback anime, too. It's typical of the sort of stuff that got me into anime originally.

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

Oh man, Irresponsible Captain Tylor is one of my favorite old school anime series. I especially loved the OAV's. The box set that RightStuf put out a few years ago is really nice, too.