Last Anime?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Last Anime?

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

Ragnarok the Animation...

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Fushigi Yuugi episodes 1 - 6

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Greco12
Pao Hunter

Post by Greco12 »

Last thing I watched was Mr. Osomatsu episode 9. This show has been a joy to watch, and it's probably my favorite anime of 2015. I find this especially surprising since this has been an excellent year for anime (Death Parade, Yuri Bear Storm, Maria the Virgin Witch, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ushio and Tora, One Punch Man).

I love the overall premise of the show: a group of mischievous brothers from a 60's Showa Era gag anime have grown up to be a bunch of lazy, selfish NEETs who look for ways to get out of work. The humor is very Japanese, so it's not as accessible as something like Space Dandy (my favorite anime from last year). But I love the interplay between the brothers, as well as the really black comedy that makes up most of the show's humor.

It's just a shame that the show's hilarious first episode has been removed from streaming and the upcoming Japanese DVD/BD release because of how fair use laws work in Japan (in Japan, you need permission from copyright holders to parody something.)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Sailor Moon Crystal

Zero
Student of Vane

Post by Zero »

MaroonChan wrote:Sailor Moon Crystal
I need to get around to watching that.

Last anime I watched, or should I say that I am currently watching, is The Seven Deadly Sins. It's a very funny, lighthearted and charming show that I'm thoroughly enjoying.
I'll take a potato chip... and EAT IT!

r0wsdower
Lann Fisherman

Post by r0wsdower »

I'm working my way through Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I'm finding it pretty challenging so far, but in a good way.
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun?"

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Djinn Xpert wrote:
MaroonChan wrote:Sailor Moon Crystal
I need to get around to watching that.

Last anime I watched, or should I say that I am currently watching, is The Seven Deadly Sins. It's a very funny, lighthearted and charming show that I'm thoroughly enjoying.
You totally should! Its really amazing! =3 Follows the manga quite well. Last episode made me cry. :cry: But it was SO good.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

There is an Ace Attorney anime that I hadn't previously known about. It has consumed me for what little there was of it. Now I find myself spiraling out of control down an anime hole, trying to catch up on what people have been watching. I can't say I'm terribly impressed thus far, but my tastes are...odd.

Dangerous_D
Saith Pirate

Post by Dangerous_D »

watched the latest episode of Season 2 Gundam IBO

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

The last one for me was Kuroko No Basuke.

This is the third time that I watch this series and I'm honestly amazed by not only how it doesn't get old, but also by the amount of details that flew under the radar the first -and second- time around.

I'm also watching Pokèmon Sun and Moon. It's way better than I expected it to be.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Sakura Wars. It was pretty good. Historical fiction with girls in mecha who perform theatre on the side, not to mention it's based off a Saturn game, so I'm fairly certain Segata Sanshiro would approve :lol:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

We watched Bananya last night...

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

I'm currently watching "Major" and I'm loving it ;D

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

I know this one is an American animated show, but it's done in an "anime style"....so does RWBY count? If not. I suppose the last true anime I watched was "The Heroic Legend of Arslan".
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

Oh, RWBY does count to me (and it is awesome!).

Huh, I seems that I always drop it half-way thru a season and then I marathon thru it. Guess it is time to do it again... :P

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

I watched the Slayers movies (all 5 of them.) Lolol Lina and Naga...Now I need to get back to the TV series (I left off in the middle of season 2) though I must say I will miss Naga. IIRC she was not allowed into the TV series cause of her wardrobe (or lack thereof...OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.)
I know this is US animation (but it's still ANIMATED and doesn't look like the excessive CGI variety), but I watched Batman: Year One. I can see where Chris Nolan got some of his inspiration (ie awesome.) I read the book awhile ago as well.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Shinto-Cetra wrote:I watched the Slayers movies (all 5 of them.) Lolol Lina and Naga...Now I need to get back to the TV series (I left off in the middle of season 2) though I must say I will miss Naga. IIRC she was not allowed into the TV series cause of her wardrobe (or lack thereof...OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.)
Yeah I still have the first three seasons on DVD here and haven't gotten around to watching them all yet... The last time I watched them was back in the 90s on VHS -- all of the first season, some of the second, and the first two movies.

Surprisingly it actually has not aged poorly! Sure I don't find the humor as funny as back when I was a teenager, but it's still pretty good semi-goofy semi-serious fantasy anime {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Over the past couple months I've seen Blue Submarine no 6, Origin: Spirits of the Past, Sakura Wars: The Movie, and Ninja Scroll (OVA and most of the TV series). Blue Sub no 6 was an ecologically themed sci-fi tale, that manages to be original in comparison to Ghibli films (some of my favorites btw) by focusing on the sea not the forest. The actual make Global warming seem like a good thing for the environment which is hard to pull off. Origin: Spirits of the past on the other hand is like a Ghibli film filtrered through a lens of mediocrity. Take Princess Mononoke or Nausicaä, make the plot much more convoluted, add dues ex machina and anime tropes, and BOOM you’ve got Origin! Sakura Wars movie was overall good but the ending was weird. Ninja Scroll the movie was really well done and the epitome of the violent well-animated 90’s OVA. The feudal Japanese setting was a plus.The TV sow by comparison was horrible, every villain looked like some crazy cyborg Frankenstein mishmash, and many character designs were so bizarre that I almost vomited at a few of them. Also Kagero>>>Shigure all the way. I've also seen and enjoyed the first two arcs (Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency) of JoJo's Bizare Adventure, which is basically Classic Rock in anime form. Joesph Joestar is a very unique shonen protagonist cause he isn't the most powerful, but he is a great strategist and prankster. It's very over the top in a good way. Arc 3 is not as good so far, I really don't like Jotaro.
More recently I watched the first couple episodes of Fushigi Yuugi, and Garo: Crimson Moon, and wasn't really into either. Fushigi Yuugi had a really annoying mary sue protagonist, and Garo's episodic nature got really predictable. I didn't mind them makng Abe no Seimei a woman, but I DID mind Seimei being overly materialistic and greedy, and hating insects (Mistumushi is his/her butterly servant!) I really prefer Seimei in the live action film doulogy of Onmyoji. I ordered Magic Knight Rayearth, we'll see how that goes.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »