Serenity (Trailer) - Join the Browncoats!

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by ilovemyguitar »

DevNall wrote:Is it okay to talk about the movie here?
[spoiler]We now know why the Alliance was so worried about River; but was it ever cleared up as precisely what they were originally going to do with her?[/spoiler]

You know, come to think of it, they never actually explained that. I know that if this movie is successful enough, they plan to do sequels. Here's hoping!

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

ilovemyguitar wrote:that if this movie is successful enough, they plan to do sequels. Here's hoping!

That'd be good, although this movie resolved so much from the series I wonder what they'd cover. Also, as good as the movie was, I hear the box office numbers weren't very hot at all.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Awesome, Serenity fans :)

I went and saw the movie having never seen the show and let me tell you it's my favorite movie of the year hands down. Of course I'm also a big fan of Joss' other work such as Buffy and Angel.

The only reason I didn't watch Firefly was one, I didn't even hear about it until halfway through the season (and I really don't like not watching something from the beginning)... and two, then I heard it was cancelled.

Anyhow, I REALLY want to see the rest of the series now! I'm gonna make my mom let me borrow her DVDs so I can get caught up! ^^

*fangirl rant*

Captain Mal is a hottieeeeee xD *squeeel*

*/fangirl rant*

Take care all! ^^y
(And GO SEE THE MOVIE! ^^)

That Other Person
Lostest Boy
Location: That one place over there. Next to that other place. You know where I mean.

Post by That Other Person »

The more people that see the movie the more likely that they will continue it. :)

Only one thing bugged me though...
[spoiler]They killed Wash. He was my favourite character in the series. Oh well, playrights like to kill their characters. It happens. :( [/spoiler]
When you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up... unless you carry a shovel.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Major movie spoiler.

[spoiler]
I know... Book was my absolute favourite character, and I was still getting over his death. Then Wash had to die so... real.

I mean, I've never had a reaction to a fictitious characters' death like this before. I was actually down for days after the movie, 'cause it felt like someone I knew closely had died.
[/spoiler]

And between Mal and Simon, I find Simon the cuter one. Though, Kaylee has them all beat {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

That Other Person
Lostest Boy
Location: That one place over there. Next to that other place. You know where I mean.

Post by That Other Person »

I totally agree. Well, Book would have to be my second favourite character. I like his speech he gave in the series about the "special Hell". (never talk in theaters) :)
When you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up... unless you carry a shovel.