Any fans of the Nostalgia Critic here?

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Any fans of the Nostalgia Critic here?

Post by LunarRaptor »

In case anyone reading this had no idea: he remembers it so you don't have to. His real name is Doug Walker, and he runs a video review show where he tears apart or the worst nostalgic movies from his generation's childhoods.

Personally, my favorite review of his was the one for the first Care Bears movie. The jokes just clicked with that one. My least favorite of his review of the 1995 Casper movie.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: Any fans of the Nostalgia Critic here?

Post by Shiva Indis »

I think I prefer Nostaligia Chick (Dune debacle aside) overall, but I do love his review of The Wizard.
「まあいいけど。」

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I'm totally the opposite. I much prefer Marzgurl and Little Miss Gamer because they don't constantly go on feminists tangents.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Shiva Indis wrote:I think I prefer Nostaligia Chick (Dune debacle aside) overall, but I do love his review of The Wizard.
Dune debacle? Does this have to do with the 1984 version or the Sci-fi miniseries?

I haven't heard of any of these people, but I'll take a look.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

She made a Dune (1984) review, which got flamed to a crisp, so she took it down and made a formal apology to the film's fans.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

LunarRaptor wrote:
Personally, my favorite review of his was the one for the first Care Bears movie. The jokes just clicked with that one. My least favorite of his review of the 1995 Casper movie.
I'm a fan, my favorite reviews of his are the two animated Titanic reviews. There's a fair number I don't like.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I like the whole TGWTG crew. Met Doug, Angry Joe and Linkara at a con before. Great guys. :)
To be honest though, I'm more of an Angry Videogame/Nintendo Nerd fan lol.
Last edited by LuNaRtIc on Sun May 13, 2012 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I watched a little of his work. It was alright. My favorite was his VS Puppetmon skit.

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

The first time I saw him, I laughed. Then it got old, and I can't watch a whole episode. When I laugh, I can laugh pretty hard, but mostly he's a dork in personality, and I keep wanting his humor to be the AVGN. Yes, I said it. AVGN just does it better.