Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

Post by GhaleonOne »

Anyone going to a midnight showing? I'm pretty stoked for it, as it looks like they're keeping a lot more from the book compared to the past few movies.
-G1

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

Post by Ardent Fox »

Much like the rest of the films, I'll only go see it if I'm drug along. Other than that, probably will skip this one.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm busy in the middle of the week, but I'll probably go see it sometime this weekend. :D
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

OO.
Saith Pirate

Post by OO. »

I got the first three Harry Potter books way back when they first came out as a gift from my aunt who had been to a signing of the author's. I never read them and found them in storage a couple months ago. Gave one a peak, not expecting much. I was surprised to find they're some of the most enjoyable books I've owned in a while. So, while I won't be seeing this movie, maybe I'll finish the series and watch the movies before part 2 is released. Whenever that's supposed to be.
End of Eternity.

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

I'm definitely going. Got my ticket preordered and everything. ;)
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Already have my tickets. Didn't have time to get a Ravenclaw uniform though--maybe in time for Part 2. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

The first bunch of showings will be far too chaotic for me to really enjoy the film, so I'll go see it sometime next week.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Haven't gone to a midnight showing since... The Simpsons Movie? The Simpsons Movie that can't be right...

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I'm usually late to jump on the movie bandwagon. I just saw Scott Pilgrim for the first time yesterday. X_x So I probably won't be catching this film for a few more months. D: (Still haven't seen the 6th one yet, actually... X_x)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

LuNaRtIc wrote:I'm usually late to jump on the movie bandwagon. I just saw Scott Pilgrim for the first time yesterday. X_x So I probably won't be catching this film for a few more months. D: (Still haven't seen the 6th one yet, actually... X_x)
I thought the 6th one left WAY too much out for people who hadn't read the books. I know people always complain about book to movie transitions, but it meant a lot of catching up to do (reintroducing Dobby for one) in the final two movies.

Without spoiling anything though, I really liked this one. Felt they did it justice, and I'm glad the final book was cut into two movies. There's just too much to get through in one movie. That's something that hurt the last two movies.
-G1

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

I just saw Scott Pilgrim for the first time yesterday.

Scott Pilgrim is weird in an awesome kind of way.

I thought the 6th one left WAY too much out for people who hadn't read the books. I know people always complain about book to movie transitions, but it meant a lot of catching up to do (reintroducing Dobby for one) in the final two movies.

Agreed. 1 and 2 were the most accurate to the books, which is why I like them best.

lunasinger13
Pao Hunter

Post by lunasinger13 »

Anyone else notice that Harry and Hermonie changed clothing, like, every few minutes? It seemed a little unnecessary, lol.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Saw it, enjoyed it, meh.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I really liked this one. I don't have any other reaction to it. The acting was good, the story engaged me, and it was funny in parts.

The only thing that bothered me a little - Tonks never got to announce what she was going to announce, zomg!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time