Beavis and Butt-head

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Beavis and Butt-head

Post by Imperial Knight »

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/t ... IYx3xAJRtM

This has the potential to be really awesome news if the new episodes are as good as the old ones were. Beavis and Butt-head was, in its heyday, a brilliant show, although tragically misunderstood (case in point: the author of this article says the show "celebrated the slacker way of life" when it in fact satirized it). Hopefully Mike Judge can recapture the quality of the old shows even after such a long time.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Beavis and Butt-head

Post by Ardent Fox »

I wont lie, when B&B would come on, my family would stop to watch it. That's right, my grandmother, my father and myself would watch this show. We found it absolutely hilarious and very intelligent in its message of the state of America's youth. I'm just curious to know if it'll just turn out to be some kind of misguided attempt at getting people to stop complaining that MTV doesn't show music videos anymore.

From what the article says it seems to be the case, but I don't want B&B to turn into a vehicle just so MTV can go "See!? We still care about music! And look! We're doing something you like again!"

Guess we'll just have to see how things go.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Well, Mike Judge (the original creator) is still in charge, so that gives me reason to be cautiously optimistic.

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

:lol: Oh wow! I loved this show!! I'm kinda happy they are coming back... but I also hope they don't mess it up. I kinda would like it to be like the original... not changing characters and adding crap they don't need. :P

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

I generally have mixed feelings about the recent trend of reviving old shows. As much as I love Beavis and Butt-head, Futurama and Arrested Development, I'd also love to see more original ideas out there, and there's always the worry that the revival won't live up to the original run.

That having been said, now that I've seen some episodes of the new B&B, I can't help but be glad they brought it back. It's every bit as hilarious as it was during the original run.