Book of the Moment

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Book of the Moment

Postby Monde Luna » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:41 pm

How have I missed this thread? Anyway I've been reading a lot of textbooks and the like but I'm also reading:

Johannes Brahms a Biography by Jan Swafford - If your into musical bio's this one is very good. It's an easy read and Brahms had quite a life.

Nature/Walking by Emerson/Thoreau - Actually I'm just about to start this book. It was reccomended to me by a dear friend/mentor.

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Postby Shin Otaku III » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:43 pm

I'll bite.

I'm currently reading The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch by Philip K. Dick

I went out and picked it up after my brother called me and recommended it. Although, I won't be able to read it in the fashion he recommended: read it in one sitting without sleeping and drinking tons of alcohol... lol

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Postby Shinto-Cetra » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:39 pm

Giving this thread a Phoenix Down cause most every other major art form is already covered here. I'm reading he Kalevala, aka that national epic of Finland complied by Elias Lönnrot. I've always enjoyed ancient epics, so far I've read the Nihon Shoki and Kojiki of Japan, the Poetic Eddas of the ancient Norse (my translation only had the age of the gods, it stopped before the age of the Heroes.) The thing I like about the Kalevala is that the translation I am reading keep the meter which makes reading it more enjoyable. Plus it was certainly an inspiration for Tolkien, and I read and enjoyed LoTR/The Hobbit/The Silmarillion many years ago.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Postby MaroonChan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:59 am

"Precious Moments Holy Bible"

Return to “Anime, Music, TV/Movies, and Books”