RAINBOW nisha rokubō no shichinin (currently airing)

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

RAINBOW nisha rokubō no shichinin (currently airing)

Post by ShindoW »

This series is currently airing in Japan and I absolutely am fascinated with it. It's not for the light at heart or those that want a more comedic feel to their thought-provoking anime. I'd compare it to other stuff I've watched (Ghost Hound, Boogiepop, Lain, Hell Girl, Texhnoylze).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=9700

Here is the summary:

Seven teenagers in 1955 have to learn to live together in the same hold in the reformatory of Shio. Confined in a hall where suffering and humiliation are daily, they are waiting for a ray of hope in a dark, incarcerating world. The story follows their life together and how they move on afterwards.

Episode 1-3 are availible in English, but you'll have to find 'em on your own.

It reminds me a lot of HBO's OZ, just in the past and in Japan. Alot of people said it reminds them of "Sleepers" which I haven't seen yet. I think this series has a lot going for it and I can't wait to see the direction it takes. :D

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: RAINBOW nisha rokubō no shichinin (currently airing)

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

I am intrigued! This one flew completely under my radar. I shall be seeking out episodes.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: RAINBOW nisha rokubō no shichinin (currently airing)

Post by ShindoW »

Yay :D 1-3 are out as of this morning by FroZen... I think you can find 4 subbed too, but not in good quality/small file size.