Inuyasha Final Act

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Inuyasha Final Act

Post by Angelalex242 »

Has anyone seen the episodes of this on youtube?

The most poignant is episode 8 part 3, but you should probably see them in order.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Re: Inuyasha Final Act

Post by Werefrog »

The best part about Inuyasha is the ending credits for the first few episodes. They were the credits with the Ferris wheel with neon lights. The animation was really pretty.

This one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2AGpDdD ... re=related
(It took me way too long that this song was dubbed in Spanish. I thought it sounded a little different 8-) )

I think I'll wait for [adult swim] to pick it up, like I wish I did with the new Fullmetal Alchemist series. These anime are light, fluffy escapism, so I prefer them subbed. (I also tend to watch them late at night without my glasses.)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Does it count as a love triangle if one of the people is the reincarnation of another in the triangle?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Errr.

I've had debates about that on Inuyasha forums.

My general view is, in terms of souls, no, it really isn't a triangle. There's one soul (Inuyasha) and one soul (Kikyo/Kagome) that are mates.

In terms of bodies...well, there's definitely 3 of those.

So it depends on how spiritual you want to be.

As for InuKag...BAH! I prefer InuKik.

But as for who's going to win in the end? This might give you a clue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91KgdYmEgIc
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Love triangle? Try love octogon! Anyway, I think who was going to win was a give. Kikyo is freakin' dead and has to feed on the souls of the living to survive and even kills a priest who calls her on this. As far as I'm concerned, Kikyo got what she deserved. InuKag all the way!
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Mmm.

Watch the video. You might have some more respect for Kikyo.

Also, episodes 147 148 of the original series, which details living Kikyo's existence.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I've watched the series and read the manga. At this point, nothing can raise my respect for that heinous -Borgan-. She FED ON THE SOULS OF THE LIVING TO STAY ALIVE! That doesn't sound bad to you? She also screwed everyone else over by giving Naraku all the shards they had collected. Yeah, yeah, she planned on killing him and destroying the shard all at once...however a plan is only helpful is it actually helps.

She never did anything remotely useful, only ever got in the way, and was dead and living in a clay fake body, and killed any priests who did their jobs in calling her on her wrong doings. I'm glad she's gone. Or am I to assume that priest she killed doesn't matter.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Alan_Geitz
Lyton Singer

Post by Alan_Geitz »

I don't know whether or not I hate this or love it, but the show's length did make it a bit of a challenge to sit through.
It was nice of 'em to go back and finish it, though.

With that said, I believe this sums up some of my thoughts on the show's length:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf3Ji-9tiJo
Epic lulz for everyone! XD

Maybe an abridged remake like Dragonball Kai is in order... :D

Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

Has anyone seen the latest episode 21? The Trap of Darkness 犬夜叉:完結編 21 闇の罠

If you have seen up to that far, you will see Inuyasha's true feelings for Kikyo and how depressed he still is up to this point. SPOILER ALERT In this Episode, he actually says that he always wanted to protect Kikyo and his inability to do so is what swayed the darkness in his heart to be easily manipulated by Magatsuhi, or so that is how I remember it. It might have been said in a previous episode SPOILER ALERT

Yeah, Inuyasha: The Final Act has to be the most emotional, action-packed anime on right now especially since it is following the manga almost religiously which is a first! I wish more good manga's would be properly ported to Anime cough cough Magic School Lunar cough cough.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

They're on youtube??!! Awesome, I have to get caught up. Adult Swim left off on one heck of a cliffhanger and I've tried avoiding spoilers until I can see it.
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I read the manga, pal. I stand by my statement. Kikyo is useless.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I read the manga too. All 558 eps. What I saw convinced me just how big a part of Inuyasha's life Kikyo actually is. With Kikyo, Inuyasha always treats her respectfully, with this look of adoration on his face. He doesn't treat Kagome anywhere near that well.

Until Chapter 558, that is. After that, after 3 whole years go by, he finally looks at Kagome that way. So. Credit where it's due. Inuyasha finally comes around. But before that? Kikyo's still his #1.