Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Avatar

Post by Werefrog »

The 3D give me a headache. This probably wouldn't have been so bad had the movie not been 3 hours long.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Phyco I want to see it again also. I have yet to see it in IMAX or sans 3D. I figure when it comes out on DVD I will see it -3D so IMAX would be nice. Hmmm I never thought about the 3D effects changing depending on where you sit, that is an excellent point.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I saw it, and regretted it. The film gets way too much praise and money.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

LunarRaptor I don't think that Avatar was the best movie ever however I also don't see how it can be seeing it can be a regret... Care to explain?

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I thought the storyline was horribly cliche and predictable. "Dances With Pocahontas in Ferngully" pretty much sums it all up. The visuals were fantastic and quite lovely, but nothing we haven't seen outside of Final Fantasy, you know? .__.; Overall I didn't think the movie lived up to the hype.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Post by brightshield »

I agree with LuNaRtIc. Avatar wasn't bad by any means, but it was far from great. Up deserves Best Picture this year if you ask me.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You know, personally I don't care if the plot was cliche', so long as it entertained me then it did its job as a movie (and this is how I critique all media). Don't get me wrong, even I agreed that it was mostly over hyped (until I saw 3D, then I just thought the visuals was enough). Besides, Dances with Wolfs is one of my favorite films, as is Pocahontas and Ferngully. Now I can watch three movies all in one! Talk about a time saver!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I finally got to see it as well and I actually enjoyed when I didn't expect I would. Is it overhyped? Of course, as are many other movies I could mention. Is it still a good movie? Yes, actually.
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

It's a regret because of the story is poorly conceived. It's essentially every terrible children's film form the 90s applied to a film aimed at adults. The physics are a joke when as a Sci Fi film everything should be at least based on scientific theory. The villains are thinly veiled strawmen, and the whole thing is just White Guilt. Look, Hollywood, I get that the white man was a dick in the past, and I feel bad. Mission accomplished!

The film i sjust Atlantis the Lost Empire meets Pocahontas meets Ferngully meets Dances With Wolves, dressed up nicely that stupid teenagers will give it lots of money. It's essentially the abysmal that was Titanic all over again.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray