Video Games Live

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Video Games Live

Post by Monde Luna »

Hi Guys, I just got my tickets for VGL. I'm pretty excited about it; it's the same week as comic con so it should be awesome. I'm imagining a high rate of cosplayers. But my question is have any of you l-neters gone before? I'm hoping it will be the total sensory experience of my nerdy video game life.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Video Games Live

Post by Alunissage »

I went to it a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. I have no idea how similar they are from one concert to another though, and the one I saw was right at the end of GDL so there may have been more personalities there than would've been otherwise -- like Koji Kondo playing his own music on the piano.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I'm not certain but I think they have different guest performers at each show. I think the lineup also changes. Maybe this is something I should know but what is GDL?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Er. Um. It's GDC... Game Developer Conference. I have no idea how that L got in there. :oops:

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Oh, thanks. :D

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I'm bringing back the dead here... I just got back from VGL and it was an amazing concert. I wanted to make sure I mentioned to everyone that they added the music from Chrono Trigger/Cross to their lineup. They played the arrangement as part of the encore and I must say it was a beautiful arrangement. Actually it might have been my favorite number of the night. If you haven't made it out to see VGL yet I strongly recommend it, it was a great night.

They also did a great MJ tribute using clips from the game Moonwalker. In case you have tickets for a show already I won't spoil it for you.