Why so serious?[possible Dark Knight spoilers]

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Why so serious?[possible Dark Knight spoilers]

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

To be fair, I also find Maggie Gyllenhaal to be attractive, but I'm not exactly sure why...

Also, that picture you posted isn't the best one of her. :P
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

honestly i had trouble finding any good one, its like the family guy joke "You can't ask me to make dinner, Lois. That's like asking me to choose between Sarah Jessica Parker and Kirsten Dunst in a "hot body, weird face" contest, it can't be done" when the pictures of maggie are small on google images she dosent look bad then view them full size and ugh! i would have looked harder but i didn't want to break the screen on my computer.

theres a good one for ya.
[LINK BELOW IS NSFW]
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1214/140 ... 086b_o.jpg

ill admit she looks good in rhis pic, but in batman idonno she has a weird looking nose, my friend says its her mouth i think its the nose. eh im not gonna split hairs but theres somthing that isnt quite right about it.
http://www.poster.net/gyllenhaal-maggie ... 226898.jpg
and theres a bad one. and another bad one
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/s ... enhaal.jpg
and another one
http://gagathemovies.com/cast/Maggie%20Gyllenhaal.jpg

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Awesome movie. It's the only movie I bothered to see all summer. What it did best is that it kept Batman from ever becoming campy. By having the law work against Batman in the end, and by telling people (and criminals!) that Batman's a murderer...he has his fear factor back. People will be scared of him.

That means the next one in this series will also be full of win.

I'm not sorry to see Rachel go. We all know his true love is a Miss Selena Kyle anyway ;)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Pfft, those pictures are good. I don't see any fugly in them.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

phyco126 wrote:Pfft, those pictures are good. I don't see any fugly in them.
Agreed! She's very pretty. :)

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

The second and fourth ones even.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Changed images to links and added a NSFW warning on the first one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

sorry i should have put them as links to begin with, wouldn't want to damage anyones monitor.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Selina is Batman' true love? Nah-uh. Its really more like a Bond/Bondgirl thing. Its fun, but there's no real love going on. Besides, Catwoman doesn't even exist in this version of Batman.

Anyway, I hope there's not a third one. Without Ledger, this version of the franchise is rudderless. They got rid of Two-Face, but left the Joker alive. Now, by crual fate, the man who gave the most awsome, Oscar-worthy performance for a comic book character ever is dead. (Not to mention he single-handedly dethroned Mark Hamill and Jack Nicholson as the best Jokers, ever.)
If they make the next one: they are going to have to do some hard thinking to get themselves out of this one.
I always said they should have gone with Paul Giamatti for the Joker. Even if he wouldn't be as good as Ledger was: he's alive. Alive because his doctor hasn't malpracticed him to death...yet.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Actually i think Paul Giamatti would be great for the riddler.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

LunarRaptor wrote:Selina is Batman' true love? Nah-uh. Its really more like a Bond/Bondgirl thing. Its fun, but there's no real love going on. Besides, Catwoman doesn't even exist in this version of Batman.

Anyway, I hope there's not a third one. Without Ledger, this version of the franchise is rudderless. They got rid of Two-Face, but left the Joker alive. Now, by crual fate, the man who gave the most awsome, Oscar-worthy performance for a comic book character ever is dead. (Not to mention he single-handedly dethroned Mark Hamill and Jack Nicholson as the best Jokers, ever.)
If they make the next one: they are going to have to do some hard thinking to get themselves out of this one.
I always said they should have gone with Paul Giamatti for the Joker. Even if he wouldn't be as good as Ledger was: he's alive. Alive because his doctor hasn't malpracticed him to death...yet.
Really? Do they really need Ledger to keep on doing this version of the Batman movies? It did fine without him at first. Even though he was one of the best performers in a movie full of them, there's nothing to say that the third movie could be as good as the first one. I mean, Ewan McGregor didn't come back. ;)

And I guess the other part of your discussion is answered: Someone can be alive but absent.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

McGregor wasn't in these Batman movies to begin with.

No. I don't believe they can continue this one withou Ledger's Joker. There is no villain that can top the Joker, and Ledger made himself into the definitive Joker. So its all downhill from here if they continue past the second movie (a fact proven by every film franchise ever made).
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Duh, sorry, I meant Liam Neeson. I get crossed by Star Wars.

I don't see how you can call the Joker the best without having seen the next movie. I mean, before his performance we wouldn't have said that. I just don't like this idolizing.

And as for your claim that the third isn't as good as the second:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Prisoner from Azkaban
Army of Darkness
X-Men: The Last Stand

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment, but I enjoyed all of these movies as much or more than their predecessors.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:And as for your claim that the third isn't as good as the second:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Return of the King
Harry Potter and the Prisoner from Azkaban
Army of Darkness
X-Men: The Last Stand
I was right with you up until X-Men. The Last Stand is something I'd much rather forget. The second one was great; the third was... blech.

I'd add Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. I liked all three, but thought that the third was as good as the previous two and it didn't go downhill there. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

X-Men 3 was a bit of a stretch, but I don't know... I liked it. It may be that I saw the third one before the second one.

And I intentionally left Return of the Jedi off of there since I was listing movies that I personally prefer to their immediate prequel and I consider comparable to the first one, but I will say that Return of the Jedi is every bit as good as what came before, and my putting it any lower than its prequel is due to preference to The Empire Strikes Back. Return of the Jedi is still quite good.
Sonic#

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

LunarRaptor wrote:McGregor wasn't in these Batman movies to begin with.

No. I don't believe they can continue this one withou Ledger's Joker. There is no villain that can top the Joker, and Ledger made himself into the definitive Joker. So its all downhill from here if they continue past the second movie (a fact proven by every film franchise ever made).
Well that's an awfully absolute statement. Yeah, sure, it will be as hard as metamucil enhanced doody to follow up The Dark Knight, but it can't not be done. Nolan just has to be incredibly careful in who he chooses as the villain(s), and who he casts. Keeping Eckhart as Two-Face is a must, but otherwise, the board is pretty much clear.
This is my signature. It is a work of art.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Add saw 3 to the list, i think it was one of the best ones and it helped to wrap up the whole story.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Let's agree to disagree. I just want this Batman incarnation to go out while its still good. You want to take your chances with another.

Just keep in the mind the 80s and 90s.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I saw it on the Imax yesterday. I was litterally in tears at the end of the movie, both because the ending was so moving, but the fact that the movie was so beautiful! And yes, I went in with the "Enough with the Heath Ledger is dead so that automatically = uber performance" attitude. Whoa. I went out with a "Hold crap, they where right. He was freaking uber!" Too bad he did die, would love to see what kind of gruesome sequal he would have been apart of.

This one was like, 500% more dark and gruesome than the last. *shudders* I hate to imagine what it would be like if they didn't insert some of those really funny moments in the movie.

SPOILERS

I felt sorry for Harvey Dent. Rachel, not really. It sucked, but you know what? I hated her acting anyway. To be honest, I'm not sure that Katie Holmes would have been good for the part either. Okay, so maybe the acting wasn't that bad, but her wrinkles made her out to be 40 something. And some of the acting just didn't match from the first movie with her character. I forgive her. She's dead now, so I won't have to complain next movie.

END SPOILERS

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Okay, I'll put this here since it's probably not worth starting an entire thread for.

You know that Batman: Gotham Knight anime they made that was similar to the Animatrix in that it was 6 short anime stories that took place betweeen Batman Begins and The Dark Knight?

Apparently the director of Episode 5 was...

... wait for it...

... Toshiyuki Kubooka! :3 Nice to see our favorite Lunar artist gettin' a top notch gig like that! Just thought I'd share! :-)
-Nobi