TERIYAKI BOYZ - ZOCK ON! feat. Pharrell and Busta Rhymes

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

TERIYAKI BOYZ - ZOCK ON! feat. Pharrell and Busta Rhymes

Post by Sadrin »

YAY!!! New Teriyaki Boyz single!!! Its been over a year!!!
Wikipedia- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teriyaki_Boyz
For those who don't know... they're a J-Urban group made of some of the best of the best!! They did the theme song for The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift! and yeah i heart them so much! and Oh my god I love Verbal!! I've had the biggest crush on him EVER! He's just cute'n tiny. About the single...

Zock On! is pretty good... Don't really care for Busta though.. I've met him Twice at my starbucks. His trainer was with him and not happy that he wanted something from starbucks. Oh I worked at Lenox Mall In Atlanta? Its rather highclass? Or a least ppl like to think so. Back to the song.... It opens with Verbal and works from there. Verbal tends be to their strongest artist in anything they do. The beat is great. Busta swears alot... Pharrell sounds great as always and the rest of the Teriyaki boyz just kinda fill in the rest. The B side is a remix of I still love H.E.R. feat.Kanye West. It's an Ok remix. I love the orginal more.
I Have no idea if this is going on sale here in the states. Most American/Japanese work never gets noticed here. If you like J-urban or Club music Check the single out!
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: TERIYAKI BOYZ - ZOCK ON! feat. Pharrell and Busta Rhymes

Post by Kizyr »

I know Lenox Mall!

I never go there 'cause it's the "rich folks' mall". I prefer the normal ones. But I kid.

And Atlantic Station is great. They have the best Mexican restaurant there.

Anyway, yeah, Verbal is great. I mean between m-flo and Teriyaki Boyz, he's got an incredible voice and rhythm. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

J-URBAN!? *twitch*

So is this Japanese music about being cool for having a lot or about being cool for growing up without a lot?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:J-URBAN!? *twitch*

So is this Japanese music about being cool for having a lot or about being cool for growing up without a lot?
J-Urban is about a lot of things. Some if it (my favorite) is about political expression, freedoms, things like that. I haven't seen much touch on racism, but some of the best Japanese rappers are of Korean descent.

A few of my favorite songs are:
(King Giddra or Rhymester) Shakai no Mado - about the education system and the government's approach to history
(King Giddra) 911 - about 9/11 and the response
(King Giddra) Fast Food -Borgan- - about rejecting US-style materialism

I did write part of my thesis on this. But, my university space is no longer active.

Hip-hop and what it expresses isn't exclusively a US thing. French rap is incredible, and some J-Rap is pretty damn good as well. There's no sense being all ethnocentric or exclusive about it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I love Atlantic Station. I used to live like two miles away from there! I go to Ikea like every other week. Doesn't that mexican restaurant cost alot? I always look at the menu and worry that i'll just miss taco bell. But my fave place to eat is Tahitian noni. Best place ever! that is if you like coconut-curry ANYTHING. Soooo good. Oh and The grape is a great place for a date.

Lenox mall is more for the Rich, the Gays, the foreign, the ghetto, oh and the ghetto gays. lol some of them being my friends... I got yelled at once from a customer because I couldn't speak spanish. I really don't miss working there. Sorry off topic....

J-urban music tends to be different than american urban music. J-urban's message can be about so many things. Its really random sometimes. But for the most part the message is good. Kinda like how most reggae tends to be positive. I really enjoy Japanese reggae. If your looking to get away from anime sounding j-pop, you should give it a try. I listen to very little j-pop now... Oh and really like the single by Teriyaki boyz! It's stuck in my head! >_<
Depend On You Changed My Life.