Musicians and your gear ^.^

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Hirox
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Musicians and your gear ^.^

Post by Hirox »

Wanting to see any musicians gear you own
Im assuming Ilovemyguitar might have a guitar...~.^

My beautiful Fender TC-90 Thinline

My Fender Blues Deville 4x10...mmmm 60 watts of all tube power

I wanna see you guys gear be it drums, acoustics, horns, anything ^.^

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Musicians and your gear ^.^

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sorry, it took me so long to post this. I kept for getting to take pics of my horns. Anyway, what you see is a Selmer Super Action 80 Series II Alto Sax, an Antigua Winds Tenor Sax, and a really OLD King flute (King doesn't even make flutes anymore if that tells you anything). I also have a crappy Yamaha clarinet, but I HATE playing it and I suck at it, so I didn't include it in this picture. Lol.
Attachments
My Babies.jpg
My Babies.jpg (129.41 KiB) Viewed 17108 times
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I think I may have had a King flute at one point... I had one in high school that was stolen and I hadn't had it for long and that might have been a King.

Not possible for me to take photos of my instruments; they're in two or more different locations. In my house are two or three flutes, a piccolo, an electric piano, an upright piano (which my great-grandmother bought for my great-grandfather 50+ years ago), and I think a viola. And a recorder, though it hardly counts. At my parents' house are one or two more flutes (I have four total, but keep at least one at my parents' to play duets with my sister), and probably the rest of my instruments: alto sax, clarinet, oboe, folk harp, and violin, all of which except maybe the sax are probably unplayable at the moment. Also at my parents' house are a trombone, small marimba, baritone horn, a couple timpani, player piano, antique pump organ, spinet organ, and pipe organ. I think that's it. Oh, and Mom's dulcimer, Dad's electric piano, and a banjo.

I was a music major. Can you tell? But a lot of this has to do with just a tendency in our family -- well, Dad and me mainly -- to acquire instruments whether we can play them or not. None of us play brass, percussion, or banjo, for example.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Alunissage wrote:I think I may have had a King flute at one point... I had one in high school that was stolen and I hadn't had it for long and that might have been a King.

Not possible for me to take photos of my instruments; they're in two or more different locations. In my house are two or three flutes, a piccolo, an electric piano, an upright piano (which my great-grandmother bought for my great-grandfather 50+ years ago), and I think a viola. And a recorder, though it hardly counts. At my parents' house are one or two more flutes (I have four total, but keep at least one at my parents' to play duets with my sister), and probably the rest of my instruments: alto sax, clarinet, oboe, folk harp, and violin, all of which except maybe the sax are probably unplayable at the moment. Also at my parents' house are a trombone, small marimba, baritone horn, a couple timpani, player piano, antique pump organ, spinet organ, and pipe organ. I think that's it. Oh, and Mom's dulcimer, Dad's electric piano, and a banjo.

I was a music major. Can you tell? But a lot of this has to do with just a tendency in our family -- well, Dad and me mainly -- to acquire instruments whether we can play them or not. None of us play brass, percussion, or banjo, for example.
Two questions:
1) How many of these instruments do you actually know how to play? I'm assuming flute is at least one of them.
2) What was your concentration in college? Music performance, education, composition, or something else? I was a saxophone performance major.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Flute/piccolo was my main instrument, but my performance requirement was fulfilled by my playing harp in the university orchestra, though I've never owned a pedal harp. In my last year of marching band I played alto sax for some shows, and I played clarinet once or twice in high school with something like a number 1.5 reed. I also played cello in high school, but I never owned one, so it's not on the list. And I took violin lessons for several years (during high school); the viola I mentioned is a student version that's about the size of a violin, so playing it isn't much different and I used to practice my score reading with it. I taught myself recorder. Obviously as a music major piano was compulsory. I sang in choirs too, but could hardly take a photo of my voice (which isn't very good anyway).

My school (UC Berkeley) didn't really have areas of concentration at the undergraduate level, but orchestral conducting was my primary interest and what I would have studied in grad school if I'd gone.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

ibanez af95
jackson dinky
tiesco del rey from the late 50's or early 60's
120 watt crate
ibanez aw120ce
McPhail baby grand
texarkana electric mandolin
bach trumpet

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Heres a pic of the guitar in action. Also has my Vox half stack with the custom ninja turtles on it ^^ isnt that just awesome! I love my fender deville too much tho. Never play the vox anymore.

A better pic of the turtles!

Just wanted to post this pic because I like it! Was a great show. This was at someones house.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

I was looking into getting a thinline but i decides on going full hollow, you cant bet the sound of a hollow-body played through an amp, i bet it would be nicer through a vox.

whats with the milwaukes best?

Hirox
Student of Vane

Post by Hirox »

Yea I have a hollow body too. Its an Ibanez artcore. But yea the vox has some pretty sweet sounds coming out of it....but doesnt compare to the Deville.

As far as the beer goes...It was a wierd show. We were the only kids there that didnt drink...well our drummer does, but yea. I dont know they all seem to be obsessed with the beer called PBR? I dont know what the big deal is about that, but it was a good show.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh my. Oh my. PBR. Yes. A lot of people around here like that. And Milwaukee's Best I haven't tried, so I can't make any judgments about that.

My fiancee has turned me into a bit of a beer snob, which is fine, because I was wondering why I didn't like the most common beers (Budweiser, Miller Lite) in the first place. And I don't drink often at all (once or twice a month?) or much (normally only a drink), so when I do, I'll tend toward a Killian's or something like that.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Sonic# wrote:Oh my. Oh my. PBR. Yes. A lot of people around here like that. And Milwaukee's Best I haven't tried, so I can't make any judgments about that.

My fiancee has turned me into a bit of a beer snob, which is fine, because I was wondering why I didn't like the most common beers (Budweiser, Miller Lite) in the first place. And I don't drink often at all (once or twice a month?) or much (normally only a drink), so when I do, I'll tend toward a Killian's or something like that.

Amen, Sonic, amen. Killian's is great stuff. Try Seadog Blueberry and Blue Moon if you like lighter beers, Guinness (obviously) if you like dark beers, and Sam Adams' Cherry Wheat Ale if you want something more in the middle. But Killian's is always a great choice. Harp Lager is also very underrated.

Anyway, enough about beer << I'll post pictures of my instruments at somepoint... right after I find the damn things.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Yay...

I have the following:

ESP DV8R - my trusty axe. I put a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge position and the original bridge pickup ( SH - 4 ) in the neck position, except I flipped the screw side around so that it wouldn't overly distort, thus giving it a larger punch and more clarity, plus a lot of bite.

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier '89 | Mesa/Boogie Mark III head. Both have 4 x 12 over-sized rectifier slant cabs.

It basically totally rules.
Choose Your Weapon

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

i own 3 instruments so far. I've got a black Master Class guitar, Yamaha keyboard, and a Buffet B12 clarinet.
Attachments
f8f8_1.JPG
f8f8_1.JPG (19.58 KiB) Viewed 16872 times
8a04_1.JPG
8a04_1.JPG (21.99 KiB) Viewed 16872 times
0f2b_1_sbl.JPG
0f2b_1_sbl.JPG (17.1 KiB) Viewed 16872 times