Fair To Midland

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Fair To Midland

Post by Ozone »

These guys have just recently caught my attention while I was in Florida for a bit. To be honest, they're Between the Buried and Me for those who don't enjoy screaming and aren't metallically inclined. They are adept at fluidly switching between genres and frequently careen between U2 and classic hard rock, hence the BTBAM reference. Definitely not a boring listen, and definitely a band that is well worth giving a listen to. They're actually signed to Serjical Strike Records (run by Serj of SOAD, who I don't like very much, but, man, he uncovered a gem with this one) and their first full length album, "Fables from a Mayfly: What I Tell You Three Times Is True," was released last April. Spread the love, give them a listen.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Re: Fair To Midland

Post by Old Jericho »

I bought their album last summer because it was on Best Buy's $7.99 shelf and I liked the artwork. Really cheap reasons to buy an album, I realize, but I was wonderfully surprised by what is probably my favorite album of the year.
Good band.
This is my signature. It is a work of art.