Josh Groban Concert

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.

Do you like his music?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 4

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Josh Groban Concert

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, tonight, August 22nd, I went to his concert. Paid for my ticket, got a REALLY nice seat, and on the concert went...

His 'preloader' was an African singer I couldn't understand a word of. Speaking of which, helping poor people in South Africa seems to be his personal cause at the moment, as he spent time talking about it.

Then, there was a 30 minute intermission...that they didn't tell anyone about. So NOBODY went to the concession stands between acts. Morons. Oh well, their lost revenue.

He went through songs from his new album only...he didn't sing "To Where You Are" during the concert. He did, however, sing, "You are Loved." "When it Rains" "So She Dances" and "You Raise Me Up." He also sang several songs in other languages, mostly Latin, (I think) but also one in Spanish.

Amusingly, he also sang a song from the musical Sweeny Todd. Yes, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street who cuts throats and makes them into pies. "Not While I'm Around" was the song from the musical score sung.

While I was close enough to the stage to see Josh Groban quite clearly, the fangirls had the stage locked down. And ONLY the fangirls ran up to the stage. While I was hoping to get close enough to tell him he should make a Christmas CD, I failed in that objective. It didn't seem right for a man to approach the stage.

Josh is not a dancer. He doesn't even try. Half the time, he sat in a chair while singing, or just walked around. Once he sat on the end of the stage surrounded by fangirls. Brave man. Fangirls are scary things. Especially when they have floor seats. Those are the hardcore fangirls. Then again, I am convinced that most artists shake their booties because they have to do something to cover up for their somewhat inadequate voices. Josh doesn't NEED to dance. He can sit on a chair, and people pay to see it.

Josh does have a sense of humor. Some of it self depreciating. He also made jokes about 'So she dances.' "Gag me with a spoon romantic" he called it. He commented on the ladies first. "Lot of ladies in the audience tonight. Yes, I see you. You're lovin' it. Lots of gentlemen in the audience too. Lovin' the ladies next to them." Then he said to the guys, "Yeah. My heart, from Groban's mouth. That sounds so wrong, yet so Right! ...if it works, have a GREAT night, guys..."

He also had a piano repeatedly come up and down using a lift. He liked standing on the seat as it came up. 'Cheep Thrill' he called it.

I took a couple pictures of him at the concert with my cellphone, but sadly, my cellphone's not exactly good with pictures.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i only like "starry starry night"

Chrono Trigger
Meribian Merchant

Post by Chrono Trigger »

Lol my mother likes and has his albums.
Now Playing: Seiken Densetsu 3 || Favourite RPG: Chrono Trigger || Favourite Lunar Character: Kyle (SSSC) ||

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I haven't heard much of his music, but I really like "You Raise Me Up". I also like a duet he did with Celine Dion (Normally, I don't really like Celine all that much, but it was awesome how he almost outsang her). His voice gives me goosebumps, I can relate to the fangirls in that respect :D I'd like to attend one his concerts myself, but I probably won't be able to anytime soon since I just bought a house :p

Even if the picture quality isn't the greatest I'd still like to see what you took :) It's cool that you were able to get some awesome seats! I lucked out like that when I went to see Sarah Brightman for the first time.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I went to one of his concerts back in February, and thoroughly enjoyed it. He is a very funny guy, at one time he compared himself to an unshaven postal worker and did a wonderful impression of Barney the dinosaur. I think my cousin, who is absolutely in love with Josh, was scarred after that lol. xD

I also remember him braving the fangirls. While singing "In Her Eyes" he appeared in the audience a few seats away from where we were sitting and slowly made his way back towards the stage. Singing and hugging rabid fangirls as he went. I thought it was sweet. :)

The stage and its backdrop was also amazing. I loved the gorgeous set and lighting. Did the violinist Lucia (hehe :D ) play at your concert? She did an amazing solo that broke into this wild cover of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir at ours. I ADORE her, she's so tiny, but she really packed a punch at the concert. Her solo was filled with so much attitude.

Overall, I went to the concert barely knowing Josh or his music and came back a fan. I'd love to go to one of his concerts again sometime. :)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Negatory =/ Though I seem to know a lot of people who do. It's just not my thing. *goes back to listening to Black Label Society*
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Yes, Lucia played. He even let her do a solo. No, the irony of her name was not lost on me ;)
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.