oh. my. gosh.

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Ozone »

exigence wrote:
DragonmasterAndy wrote:You know what other band rules?

Gamma Ray. Kai Hansen = God of Power Metal, and that's not even debatable. He literally created Power Metal. He's awesome. He's one of the few lead vocalists who can play lead guitar, as well. He's amazing.
is kai hansen the one with the guy from blind guardian?
Andy probably knows that. I don't know enough about a lot of the Power Metal bands to say. I used to like Blind Guardian.... then I found Opeth.

Exigence, you would probably love Mogwai. I recommend starting on their album Mr. Beast. The songs Auto-Rock, Glasgow Mega-Snake and Friend of the Night are absolutely brilliant. You'd also probably enjoy sludgey doom metal, stuff like Boris. I have loads of recs when it comes to things on the post-rock/drone/doom/sludge/ambient side of things.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Kuyss is a great band, the guitarist is now in Queens of the Stone age, when it comes to sludgy metal stuff theyre numero uno. They did a great cover of into the void, but they have tons of good songs.

EDIT: i just got done listining to some Mogwai not bad i dig the spaceness of it

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Kyuss is good stuff :)

If you like Mogwai, you'll probably dig Explosions In the Sky and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

I highly recommend My Bloody Valentine and southpacific.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"