Sounds of the Underground, 2007!

Your general non-gaming entertainment thread.
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Sounds of the Underground, 2007!

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

I just went to this show last night and it was amazing. There were several not so great sets that, though I appreciate their contributions as artists, just did not turn me on, such as the Devil Wears Prada, or the terrible set by Heavy Heavy Low Low where none of their equipment even worked and they just got booed off the stage by aggravated and impatient viewers. However, despite these several lacking performances, there were those that blew me away! Amon Amarth, Chimaira, Goatwhore... Fantastic.

There was also a band that Ive never heard of, but Im glad I was introduced called 2 Cents. They introduced themselves as a, "Generic new aged techo pop rock band that opens for Ashley Simpson." And immediately introduced there first song, a little gem called, pardon the foul language, "Choke on a Cock". They then proceded to play several more songs, begged for drugs, played the King of the Hill and Simpsons them songs, and ended with a tribute to influenetial metal that shaped them; Slayer, Pantera, the works.

Near the end of the night, Chimaira came on and the crowed went freakin' daffy. No one thought they were performing because, sad as it is, their bassist Jim LaMarca had a death in the family and couldnt tour... Do you know how hilarious it is to see Beefcake the Mighty from Gwar tear it up with Chimaira on stage? That's right! The legendary Scumdogian filled the slot and did an amazing job. And then, of course, at the end of the night the performance of the Legendary Gwar...

If you have never seen a Gwar performance, they are constantly spewing blood, bile, and other bodily fluids all over the audience while performing hilarious skits along with their music. One such skit they threw for this nights performance was this. Necro, a death hip hop performer was removed from the tour because he was constantly fighting with Gwar, angry that he wasnt headlining and instead, the rubber constumed metal heads were showing him up. With all honesty, his removal was no big loss to me or anyone else in the audience... But Gwar took this incident and went with it, inviting Necro out onto the stage, a massive rubber suit with long flailing limbs and a high pitched voice, constantly complaining about how unfair it was that he was removed when he was the true star, blah blah blah... Gwar then force fed him a multitude of drugs, cut off his head and arms, and he ran around the stage while bleeding with torrential force on the audience... Man, what a great night. XD
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Amon Amarth and Goatwhore are always a good time live. Not too sure about Chimaira though =/ Never really cared for GWAR either.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Man, even if you dont dig Gwar musically, they throw an awesome show. You will ALWAYS be entertained... And yes, Amon Amarth were my favorite. As for Chimaira, they performed exquisitely, even without their bassist.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I still recommend Lamb of God as far as live performances go. All three of their shows I've been at have been spot on and exquisitely well done. I actually preferred them to the Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth shows that I've seen.

You may not dig them, but 311 also puts on a killer live show. It's honestly how I got into listening to them.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

<-- Huge Lamb of God fan. Got me sold there, easy.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

You should check out their performances from the Download Festival, they're all over YouTube :)

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

When I had to sit through Lamb Of God, they were terrible, and sloppy.
Choose Your Weapon

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I just knew you'd interject and say that xD

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

Well, that was my honest experience with their live show. Overkill, Megadeth, and Opeth all slaughtered them at that show. Lamb Of God were terribly sloppy. I don't know if it was a bad night, or what.

And I wasn't attacking your opinions. Did I say it was "WRONG" to like them? Nope. I merely stated my experience. You guys can like whatever you want. Everyone has that right. :wink:
Choose Your Weapon

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Oh, I don't have a problem with it at all. I just knew you'd say that xD